Walmer Cherrydale

prariegurl

A few weeks ago I promised to locate and scan pics of my Cherrydale for Kathie. I finally did that, and you all can see them in my gallery. After I finished I decided the Victorian look wasn't me, and what the heck, my twin nieces were seven and that's a good age for a dollhouse. So I gave it to them. The smiles on their faces made the sacrifice very worthwhile!

Jeri

very pretty work!

it makes me a nice kind of "homesick."

some of the rooms look like those in my great-grandparents' house.

your nieces look thrilled, and what a fabulous gift!

Thanks so much for all your kind words. It was a first effort, and when I began there was no internet so no forums where I could turn for help. I made a few mistakes, but I learned so much from the experience. Also, the house was damaged somewhat in a cross-country move, so I had to tear off damaged gingerbread from the roofline, repair shingles and repair a corner of the roof that was knocked off, and completely replace the porch. I was amazed that I could fix it all, and you can only tell about the roof if you could look closely at the underside. The girls were thrilled. They are now 14 and a bit old to play with it, but they still collect things for it, so at least they haven't lost interest in it.

Jeri