Maryland Miniature Festival

LisaN

The Maryland Miniature Festival will be on September 11, 2005 in Timonium, Maryland. Come see us--King William Miniatures & Collectibles--at the show and the Early Bird Preview. Chris, Amanda & I would love to meet you.

Our website will go active in September, near the end of the month.

Don't forget you can see us at the Va Bazaar on Saturdays & Sundays! I constantly have new items, and love meeting people in person.

Hope to see you there!

Between Maryland and Virginia, it seems like you guys have A LOT of mini shows in that area! I'm jealous. :)

There are two shows coming up in my area (one next weekend and another in October), and then I won't get to go to another until probably next summer. :lol: I wish they were a little more spread out.

Lisa, I noticed your listing in Molly's SSD post about the show.

Between Maryland and Virginia, it seems like you guys have A LOT of mini shows in that area!

Emily, It helps that Molly Cromwell lives in VA.

:) Thank you Holly! We are really excited about Maryland next weekend, as this is the first time with Molly--she's a sweetie. I have never been to San Francisco, but would love to attend a show there--which one is it,Fov? I know you have some great shops in that area. And busy isn't the word for it! I've been busier than everyone can imagine!Chris has recently become a hermit in his workshop because he loves the smaller scale, and the structures. Right now he has been putting his HO scale stuff together. I've been going from one project to another--it's a mini madhouse about here before a show! :D

Sorry Lisa, didn't see your question until now!

Good Sam is the big show here every year. It's in October in San Jose. There are a couple of mini shops down there too and I don't go down there very often, so I turn the day of the show into an all-day shopping trip! ;)

There is also a Tom Bishop show every year, and that's about it. There's a smaller show in the East Bay (this weekend, actually) but I always decide I don't want to do the drive. Used to also be a show in the Petaluma area but I think they stopped having it this year. :)

Emily's mention of South Bay mini shops finally motivated me to get myself in gear and write the official tour of points between San Francisco and San Jose.

There is also a hypothetical tour of San Francisco, but I'm 99.9% sure that it's impossible to accomplish in a single day. Most of the SF stores are "clever find" stores, while the Peninsula and San Jose stores are real dollhouse shops.

Edited to add: And let's not forget the shows question...

--October in San Jose: the Good Sam Show (the big one).

--We are promised miniatures at Dolls 4 All on September 25, but it's way out beyond Sacramento, like 100 miles from "the city." I can't check it out because I'll be in Minnesota.

--The mysterious East Bay show this weekend was the Champs show in El Sobrante, benefitting Children's Hospital in Oakland. I know nothing about this one.

--The current Tom Bishop schedule doesn't include San Francisco (actually Burlingame) in... what... July? summer, anyway. But it's hard to tell if it's not happening or if it just hasn't been scheduled for 2006 yet. I'd swear this show has gotten smaller from 2004 to 2005.

That's everything I can find (or not-find) other than a couple of State Day projects.

I'm back from Maryland, and it was a great show! There were some great dealers there, and I did a class with Judy Gerth, a great lady. Her class was dressing a victorian corset on a mannequin, and I did it! Amanda did a wedding gown class on a mannequin with Catherine Ten Den, an adult class, and finished in about three hours...it was beautiful, with a train and applique. I will post some pics of the classes later on my webshots. I bought some pencils and colored pencils that really write, a little pedlar push cart, and also a carnival stand kit. Boy I had fun!

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a good time. The classes sound great. Hope you get the pics up soon...maybe I will get some ideas for Mauve's dressmaker shop. ;)

Carol

ps. I will be mailing your insulin bottles, etc tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Wende, I went to the Champs show in 2001. It was okay, but pretty small. I don't remember buying anything which might be why I was never motivated to go back! ;)

I hope the Tom Bishop show comes back next summer! It has gotten smaller over the last few years (has also gone down from two days to one day), but it's still a staple, and I'd be sad to miss it. Good Sam is huge and an awesome experience, but one mini show a year isn't enough for me!

I was real picky about what I bought, sometimes at shows I go hog wild. I was looking for specific items for scenes that I am doing, so the carnival stand and pedlar wagon will be wonderful for Inchberg, usa. I might use the little pedlar cart outside a bakery or something, haven't decided.

I used two cameras, so will have to put up Amanda's pics when I get the disk made--I was afraid to use the digital for all the pics--it has a bad habit of dying sometimes.