Trading Spaces room boxes?

sandilpn

they looked pretty big, maybe 1/24th or so. Anyone have an idea?

Most commonly used scale for dhs is 1:12, so 1:24 looks very small to me. 1:6 is Barbie scale, and those sets look a bit on the small size for Barbie. How tall are the rooms?

Most commonly used scale for dhs is 1:12, so 1:24 looks very small to me. 1:6 is Barbie scale, and those sets look a bit on the small size for Barbie. How tall are the rooms?

It doesn't give measurments that I could see on the box, but I will try and check tomorrow. 1/2" scale looks big to me because most of the stuff I had built before was HO scale. Larger scales are a little foreign to me, but I am getting the hang of them.

According to the manufacturer, B-Bel, the roomboxes are 1:12 (standard dollhouse scale).

If you're used to working in HO, here's how to keep dollhouse scales straight:

• 1:48 is approximately O gauge.
  • 1:24 is approximately G gauge (LGB).
  • 1:12 is even bigger than that -- an LGB train car will maybe brush the top of a door frame, and a sofa will be about the size of an O-gauge box car.

It's perfect for 1" scale. My daughters have 3 of the sets and the kitchen is my personal favorite because it has pots and pans and utensils that can be used in a real house. Those kits are awesome! I got them this past summer from Tuesday Morning for $4 each room :laughbounce: Wish I had bought all of the rooms then because when I came back the next day they were gone :wub: I have not seen them at Hobby Lobby for about one year now. I will check today when I go to see if they have them again :huh: