Lily DollHouse Add-On

melanie8383

I am new to the dollhouse world. I am building my first dollhouse ever, The Lily Dollhouse. Does anyone know how I can add-on to the house.I have yet to find an add-on kit for it. I'm not sure there is even a way, but I heard someone mention something about Kit Bashing. Does anyone know what this means? I would LOVE some help with this.

THANKS ALL!

Melanie :blink:

Bashing = changing or adding or deleting from the original plans.

What type of add on are you planning? It might be easier to add on to the side that is partially opened. Tell us more of your plans, please.

You will fall in love with this house--it was also my first build.

Hi Melanie and welcome to the forum! Congrats on getting a Lily. She's a sweet house and very unique.

We've got building blogs for the Lily here that might be helpful for you. They're step by step diaries of the building process. I bashed a couple of doors on the Lily as well as the porch roof to create a second floor balcony. The concept of adding onto the house is an intriguing one! As Peggi suggested, if you left off the tower, you could build on another two story wing there, which might be the easiest way. Adding a wing onto the other side of the house could be done, but it would require some modification of the wrap around porch. If you're looking for something in a kit to bash together with the Lily, I think the Laurel might work best. The Laurel is very similar to the Lily in design. (It's kinda like the interior portion of the Lily.) I think if I were to bash the Laurel and Lily together, I'd probably add it to the porch side and not the tower side.

Deb

Hi Melanie ... you can make an add-on from thin plywood or foamcore board from scratch, or you can take a smaller dollhouse like the Laurel that Deb suggested) and merge it with the Lily.

The important part of bashing is to figure out what you want it to look like. Once you have a picture in your head (or even better, on paper), you can figure out whether it will be better to use a ready-made kit house or build it from scratch.

I'm planning to add two rooms (one above the other) in the Pierce. I've been planning it in my head and now have an idea of what it will look like. Next step is to sketch it and get some working drawings so I can figure out what materials I'll need.

There are a lot of folks here who have bashed houses using each method and combinations of the two. I'm sure any questions you have will find answers here!

Good luck with your project!