Joseph Angel House

Macombvan

Having a problem.  I purchased a Joseph Angel doll house in the late 80s or early 90s from Victorian Times Miniatures for my daughter.  she went a different direction from dolls to sports so never started to finish it.  It has sat in my basement until the other day my granddaughter spied it.  I started to look for doors and windows, but can't find the right sizes.  I am thinking of just selling it now unless I can Find all the different size windows.  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Hello, Thanks for coming to this forum!  Sounds like your granddaughter is interested in your daughter's dollhouse. I just researched the dollhouse you have and found a link with pictures and info about the Joseph Angel dollhouse.  I shared the link below. 

https://magicalminiatures.net/traditional-miniatures/josephy-angel-house/

Dollhouse is absolutely beautiful.  This dollhouse is a 1:12 scale.  The dollhouse I assembled was a 1:12 size as well. This is the most common size for dollhouses. I bought a Houseworks brand hinged door for my front door.  It fit perfectly within the door frame.  You can also look online for 1:12 scale windows.  You can even make your own windows with framing of your choice and plastic sheets for the windows. If you decide to assemble the dollhouse, invest in a tool called the Easy Cutter.  It cuts at different angles.  I shared a screenshot of Easy Cutter on Amazon.

Screenshot_20231113-222826_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20231113-225140_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Edited by LoriLovesMiniatures
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Hi Macombvan

Welcome to the forum! I have a Joseph Angel (JA) that I bought over a year ago and have been working on since. You can get the windows from Lawbre, but be forewarned, they are pricey (one of the pricier companies to buy dollhouse windows from, but they do beautiful work).

Lawbre has all the windows you'll need, but if you need help figuring out which ones are used with the Joseph Angel, you can contact them directly (they're super helpful) or I can help you out. Here's the link to their site (and one of the windows for the JA): https://lawbre.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=280&zenid=ifuoh34i4hs7ifkb0geseonjs6

You don't necessarily need to use Lawbre for some of the more "standard" windows, but it is convenient to use them for the windows that are more unique to the house (especially the third-floor windows).

The dollhouse is amazing and widely sought after! If you choose to sell it, you will likely get A LOT of interest. Also, it can be an intimidating dollhouse to work on, especially if this is your first time, but it is a lovely dollhouse and worth the time and effort. This was my first "build" so it can be done, regardless of previous experience!

As far as resources, there is a Joseph Angel Facebook group called "Joseph Angel Designers" and we would love to have you. Not a lot of us in the group (only 5), but we're all SUPER helpful and all at different stages of working on the Joseph Angel. They have given me the inspiration and push to move forward when I sometimes hit a wall. Also, there is another Facebook group called "Dolls House Grand Designs." Ron Clanton built some Victorian Times houses (long story) and he recently posted on that page with pics of the Joseph Angels he built, etc. (very interesting).

Hope this helps! Is there is anything you need, please feel free to DM me or respond to this thread :) Happy Dollhousing! You're gonna love it! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LoriLovesMiniatures said:

Hello, Thanks for coming to this forum!  Sounds like your granddaughter is interested in your daughter's dollhouse. I just researched the dollhouse you have and found a link with pictures and info about the Joseph Angel dollhouse.  I shared the link below. 

https://magicalminiatures.net/traditional-miniatures/josephy-angel-house/

Dollhouse is absolutely beautiful.  This dollhouse is a 1:12 scale.  The dollhouse I assembled was a 1:12 size as well. This is the most common size for dollhouses. I bought a Houseworks brand hinged door for my front door.  It fit perfectly within the door frame.  You can also look online for 1:12 scale windows.  You can even make your own windows with framing of your choice and plastic sheets for the windows. If you decide to assemble the dollhouse, invest in a tool called the Easy Cutter.  It cuts at different angles.  I shared a screenshot of Easy Cutter on Amazon.

Screenshot_20231113-222826_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20231113-225140_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Great tips/info :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

After much thought, I have decided to not undertake the project of finishing the Joseph Angel House by Victorian Times.  I am much better at model Rockets

I thank everyone for their comments and ideas. I will probably just list it on Craig's List or Ebay.  Thank you all again.

Well darn! It’s a gorgeous house! Let us know when you list it! If you change your mind, everyone here is super helpful with tricks and tips :)