So much to do!

MamaV

How do you guys pick between which project to focus on at a time? 

I'll get creatively inspired, and then look at my houses, my writing projects, and my miniature ideas, and the spirit flees....or I turn to my phone to "help organize my thoughts" and then I waste my time and have to go to bed. How do you push yourselves? 

• Like 3

:hmm: When you figure it out, let me know! I have four projects in front of me at this moment and am nearly paralyzed with indecision. I may just go back to bed. :D 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Walk away and fix yourself a cup of hot chocolate or your adult beverage of choice and pick the one that yells loudest.

The problem there is, that is unquestionably always the baby XD 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2023 at 12:51 PM, KathieB said:

:hmm: When you figure it out, let me know! I have four projects in front of me at this moment and am nearly paralyzed with indecision. I may just go back to bed. :D 

At least you have a blog to organize them! What are the projects right now? 

1 hour ago, MamaV said:

At least you have a blog to organize them! What are the projects right now? 

• Work on the Beacon Hill (finish living room wallpaper) Need to find the wallpaper paste and then the soldering iron to continue the electricity to the middle floor.
  • Zentangle embroidery. I scanned one of my tangles, printed it on iron-on transfer paper. Plan to put it on a white linen hankie (from my stash of old hankies destined to be doll house curtains, bed linen, etc.), then embroider.
  • Paint more rocks (I live in a retirement community with about 320 apartments and am sneaking rocks onto my neighbors' shelves. Have been doing this for several months and only one person has figured out that I am the culprit 😊.
  • Distribute more rocks. These are the rocks: 

image.thumb.png.6205b2908b590d4be7914148d4607f02.png

There was one more, on the list but I did it today: Recovered frame with brown felt and remounted a "knittery" that I made in a fabric arts class in college umpty-ump years ago. The original felt disintegrated from old age. 0?ui=2&ik=a427b3007b&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1778857367835251600&th=18afc559ebe81390&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9SU0StIdKn9clSB03NEwgXp9eZeb6SP_hMuMLysw-fqMzQhj-73spPn6N-JIsKLdeDNpHt8gU4_BIOjBd4wKIub4pKTWM6snmrQmg5xEsCwWvoc1ymeig5mSg&disp=emb

Edited by KathieB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Kathie, I clicked on your link and wound up at a site wanting me to sign up for gmail.  I totally love the rocks!, especially the duck.

Hmm :hmm: I clicked on my link and ended up on my blog. Maybe try again?

1 hour ago, KathieB said:
  • Work on the Beacon Hill (finish living room wallpaper) Need to find the wallpaper paste and then the soldering iron to continue the electricity to the middle floor.
  • Zentangle embroidery. I scanned one of my tangles, printed it on iron-on transfer paper. Plan to put it on a white linen hankie (from my stash of old hankies destined to be doll house curtains, bed linen, etc.), then embroider.
  • Paint more rocks (I live in a retirement community with about 320 apartments and am sneaking rocks onto my neighbors' shelves. Have been doing this for several months and only one person has figured out that I am the culprit 😊.
  • Distribute more rocks. These are the rocks: 

image.thumb.png.6205b2908b590d4be7914148d4607f02.png

There was one more, on the list but I did it today: Recovered frame with brown felt and remounted a "knittery" that I made in a fabric arts class in college umpty-ump years ago. The original felt disintegrated from old age. 0?ui=2&ik=a427b3007b&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1778857367835251600&th=18afc559ebe81390&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9SU0StIdKn9clSB03NEwgXp9eZeb6SP_hMuMLysw-fqMzQhj-73spPn6N-JIsKLdeDNpHt8gU4_BIOjBd4wKIub4pKTWM6snmrQmg5xEsCwWvoc1ymeig5mSg&disp=emb

Yay for doing one today!!! I love the rock hiding, I hope you stay mysterious. Your Beacon Hill build looks incredible! I forgot zentangles existed, that's a great extension of them! Maybe hide more rocks while you look for the soldering iron? Combine the efforts! 

3 hours ago, KathieB said:
  • Zentangle embroidery. I scanned one of my tangles, printed it on iron-on transfer paper. Plan to put it on a white linen hankie (from my stash of old hankies destined to be doll house curtains, bed linen, etc.), then embroider

Kathie, your rocks are so pretty! I checked out your blog (the link worked for me), and the aged copper roof on your BH looks great!