Need Buttercup Windows replaced with CLEAR windows, trouble getting proper nice fit, any suggestions ? ? ?

Lynne Barton

My Hansel/Gretel Theme made the Greenleaf Buttercup a good choice "Nibble, nibble like a mouse who is nibbling on my House"

I felt a total enclose house best for my theme, so I enclosed the back, after having house professionally Wired for period lights, stone fireplace, burning embers& lighted Christmas Tree. House was sent 5 states away to MASS TO THE MBerwoods Miniatures years ago. Family illnesses & deaths kept me from completely finishing it until now, . House is finally finished with said electrical items plus period furniture (ice box, sink with pump & wood  stove, concurrent with Hansel & Gretel "times".

HOWEVER, with the silk-screened windows, viewing is quite difficult. I would like to replace the silk-screened windows with clear windows,.

I cannot tell if there is an inside slot area around the windows so that new acetate could be put in.? ? ? It seems that I would need to "paste" the new acetate somehow to the inside. This would be extremely difficult, at best, & my hands do shake some making things even harder.Any and all suggesions greatly appreciated.

If you could carefully remove the exterior window trim, the acetate inserts are probably glued to them, since there's no interior window trim.  Any flat, clear acetate can be used to replace the windows.  

THANKS SO MUCH FOR REPLYING SO Q U I C K L Y ! Because of the $$$ value of the stone fireplace, embers & extensive lighting, I REALLY hesitate to try & pry off the exterior window framing. I ALMOST feel like purchasing the Buttercup & THEN try prying & figuring out what to do BEFORE actually  trying out on my house. I totally understand that the Buttercup is the LOWEST LEVEL of  doll house construction . I really tried to use  a better  constructed doll house, but couldn't find any suitable for my Theme.

13 hours ago, Lynne Barton said:

I would like to replace the silk-screened windows with clear windows,.

The windows in your Buttercup are glued in place and not removable without removing the window trim. There is not a slot for the windowpane. It is just the way the kit is constructed.

If removing the frame to replace the windowpane is out of the question, you might try to remove the silk-screened pattern with the gentle touch of a cue tip. I'm not able to recommend what kind of solvent to use that would remove the printing without fogging or dissolving the acetate windowpane. Google may help you to find the answer.

• Like 1

Lynne, did you build the kit and have someone else finish it, or did you have it built and finished by someone else?  If you built it, what did you use to glue it together?  That might help in figuring out how to painlessly remove the exterior window frames.

I did NOT BUILD THE KIT, I purchased it built (but VERY basically). I did ALL THE EXTERNAL painting, trimming, & putting on of all the hand-made-candy (Hansel & Gretel Candy House, before I started furnishing it with candy making equip, etc). I WILL try to find out what might remove the design without fogging or dissolving the acetate using a cue-tip.