New to minis

Kevin M

Hi my name is Kevin, I live in Colorado. I am having back surgery on the 19th and thought this would be a great project. I'm not really a computer person. I purchased the Orchid, I have questions and I'm not sure how to ask them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, your projects are very inspiring!

Edited by fov
Removed email address - use private messages instead

2 hours ago, Kevin M said:

...I have questions and I'm not sure how to ask them...

Welcome to the little family, Kevin.  First of all, there are three dots at the upper right of your post box; click on them and then click on the "edit" button and remove your email address; otherwise I have asked one of our admins to remove it; this is a public forum and you don't ever, EVER want to publish any kind of personal contact information (or any personal info, for that matter); we have an internal messaging system on the forum for the private exchange of contact information.

Second, there is a subforum for questions about specific kits, it's the second subforum in the next section and questions about your Orchid will likeliest be seen there first.  If you click on the "Blogs" button on the toolbar at the upper left of the main page you will find two "Team  Orchid" building blogs because Dean set up a competition (of sorts) between the Building Team and the forum community to blog the building of the Orchid kit; you can see shat a really versatile kit it is!  Invest in some painter's tape or masking tape, a utility knife and lots of extra blades and cheap emery boards for sanding itsy places and start by dry fitting the shell to get a feel for how it goes together without gluing anything you may have to take apart later.  Also, doors and windows can wait for installation until after you've done most of the building and decoration.  Spackle, joint compound or drywall mud can be very good friends, too.  Have fun and don;t be afraid to get dirty or to make mistakes; we/ve all been there.

Hi, and welcome! I removed your email address. You can post specific questions about the Orchid here: https://forum.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/28-corona-concepts-dollhouses/

If you search that forum you might find your question has already been asked and answered. Also, the More Minis blog is a great resource: https://moreminis.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-orchid-dollhouse-blog.html