New member starting the Pierce

Hello from Canada. I'm a new member who built one dollhouse from a kit at age 10 or so. I loved and it recently refurbished it for kids to play with. I'm very excited to start the Pierce. My childhood dollhouse lacked electrical wiring, a bathroom and stairs (which always bothered my 10 year old inner architect). So, I am keen to provide modern upgrades to my new house and I'm so excited to meet others with such enthusiasm and expertise!

Amy, don't glue until you have put at least some of the kit together with masking or painters' tape first, which we call dry fitting.  Sometimes the tabs need shaving or the slots need sanding to make the fit more perfect, and when it's together like that you can see the layout of the rooms and which areas will be impossible to paint or decorate once it's all glued together, and which places you'll want to prime for paint or wallpaper and which others you want to leave bare to stain.  Also, unless you are a precision painter you will want to wait to install your doors and windows and their trims until after you have painted and decorated your walls inside and out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...