My First (Kind of Second) Dollhouse - Victoria's Dollhouse

Khang Luu

Hi everyone,

This is Khang. I am currently a masters of accounitng student at UAB. I built a doll house 4 years ago, made a lot of mistakes, and decided to give up. Just last Saturday, I went to a dollhouse store in Birmingham, AL. The store was amazing. I was super inspired, so I went to Hobby Lobby (3 different stores) and to find the Victoria's Farmhouse, and I got the last one. (I wonder if HL is getting rid of their dollhouse section?).

It has been a week that I have gone crazy on finishing the dollhouse. It is so hard to stop. (Does it happne to you?). I am building the house with a lot of love and passion. It is funny that right before I go to sleep, I have to examine the dollhouse making sure everything is alright before I turn off the light and go to sleep. 

I just love the process. It is somehouse stressful becuase I have worked too much building it. At the same time, it is super theraputic. My mind is just blank besides focusing on what is to be glued to what. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 9.27.39 PM.jpg

IMG_4109 copy.jpg

Edited by Khang Luu
Add picture
  • Like 1

Your house looks great! That's good progress for a week. You described it well -- I love working on dollhouses because my mind goes blank and I just focus on the task at hand. Often I check the clock thinking it's only been like 20 minutes and find I've been at it for hours.

Oh, Khang, I hope you'll post an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum.  Where in Birmingham is the dollhouse store?  The hubs & I went up there (we live in Seminole, AL, just across the Perdido River from Pensacola, FL) to shop the new REI store.  And you have definitely caught the miniature addiction bug; I zone out, too; especially shingling, applying siding and flooring.