Carpeting

MiniMadWoman

Does anybody know where I can get Victorian/Edwardian type wall to wall carpeting? I've found just plain colored carpeting, but I would like something with a print, like flowers or some such thing, on it. Thanks!

Teresa, Cat has got me hooked on fabric for carpet. She gave me a remnant that she had, which I used in the office on the Worthington (link is here: http://community.webshots.com/photo/205423...401269854fsLVrk ), and then I found another remnant that I used in the little boy's room in the Worthington (links is here: ( http://community.webshots.com/photo/205423...401472405IyRaFk ). Check out the fabric stores, including Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby and Michaels. There are all sorts of fabrics and patterns you can use.

Showing my ignorance.

Fabric carpet?

Is that just picking a fabric you like of suitable texture and gluing it down? Any particular type of cloth or method?

How well does it last?

Glen

Thanks everyone! What a great idea . . . I hadn't thought about using corduroy/fabric. I'll definitely be checking out the fabric stores as I'll be looking for curtain fabric as well. How exciting! :lol:

Showing my ignorance.

Fabric carpet?

Is that just picking a fabric you like of suitable texture and gluing it down? Any particular type of cloth or method?

How well does it last?

Glen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How long does it last? Well, I supposed it depends on how many wild parties the little people decide to throw... :lol:

But seriously, upholstery fabric works well and can be held down with double sided tape. It should last a very long time given that it will receive little wear and tear inside of a dollhouse.

Glue actually works with at least some fabrics. It's just that, if you glue down velour, which makes a nice plush carpet... should you ever try to rip it up, the sticky-uppy threads will not pull up in the spots where the glue was. You will find yourself with a bare floor that has islands of fabric tufts that must be tediously scraped off.

I like the double-sided tape idea too! I change my mind so often, it's probably the wisest choice! :lol:

LPCullen, thanks for the pictures! Your carpeting is wonderful! :D

Well, I found some wonderful upholstery fabric and the store today. I cut it out and placed it in the parlor/music room. It looks wonderful! I'll post pictures in my photo album as soon as I get the drapes made up! :lol: