Has Anyone Tried

SuzyQ

Has anyone tried Aleenes FAST GRAB Tacky Glue?

I bought some the other day and thought It would be good for window trim and such. Wow it really worked great to keep things from sliding.

It is more expensive but worth it for jobs like that.

Does anyone know if it will hold up as good as the super tacky glue? Thought I would ask before I did too much with it.

I haven't used it much, just for gluing down linoleum in the federal and carpet. Worked great for that. I didn't have any bleed thru but i know other people have. When i used it i spread it in a thin layer with my hand.

ooops, i just re-read your question. I've used regular aleene's not the fast grabbie stuffie

I've not tried the fast-tack that you describe, but I used the "regular" Aileens (both regular and the super) on my house, almost exclusively. I did use wood glue for the shingles, but I bet this Aileens fast tack would have worked there. The others weren't tacky enough, and the shingles slid down...

Looks intriguing, but for wook it says to let dry 30 to 40 minutes, which is the same for the bond glues like Elmers, so I don't know if there's an advantage for the most part, though I can definitely see a use for shingles and siding and preventing slippage.