New pics of my Beacon Hill

Anya

Wow, just beautiful, I'm a proud owner of a Beacon Hill also! I love to see how everyone makes their homes so beautiful!

I really like the way you worked your house into your room decor. What is your Beacon Hill sitting on? I thought it might be a trunk but wasn't sure.

The realism is unbelievable - you have a great eye for scale - if even one little thing was out of scale, the realism would be lost. How meticulously you've crafted each room! I love it. :wub:

You are very right about keeping things in scale, I think that is the trick. You can get some very clumsy looking minis for a cheap price but with a bit of imagination you can transform almost anything.

I made the kitchen units from scraps of the actual Beacon Hill and I think they have turned out really well.

Crhysnbon (cannot spell that to save my life :wave: ) furniture and accessories and Jane Harrop kits are very good for scale if you want to make your rooms look real and one other trick I have found is that if you can postition your house so that it is facing a window (obviously not in direct sunlight) this makes the rooms look very realistic because you are getting the natural light coming through the doll house windows as well as your real windows. It does create a lovely effect. And always make sure that you have your camera in the actual dollhouse room so that the picture gives the illusion as if you were inside the room. :wave: