real mini plants

gemlady

I was playing with the idea of real trees for the dollhouses,

I work in a nursey and have a abundance of plants around me I look at them and think how cute one would be as a shrub or a tree (if it would stay small for a long time).

well just for fun I surft the net and found this sight thought you might have fun with it.

What I like is the fact that they told you how long it would take the plant to grow and the zone that it will grow in, also they have a gallery to look at ,so you can get a idea on how one will look.Most of them are of miniature railroads that are in out of doors. but if you plant them in pots you can grow them inside

Donna

mini plants

My miniature club had a guest that showed and sold us dwarf plants for outdoor miniature patio scenes. I made one with a dwarf Cypress tree and some ground covers of a good scale. I have pictures in my album. I had it on my front porch but moved it out further to get some rain.

I'm not sure how to add links to this forum. I'll try to add the web page for the gal that gave the demonstration. She sells at the local dollhouse shows in the Seattle area.

http://www.twogreenthumbs.com/

What a fun idea.

I know that the Philadelphia Flower Show has a mini section every year and the plants have to be real, but don't think they have to be growing. Now I can grow plants without a problem, but Jazz Kitty thinks indoor plants are a kitty salad bar and she also steals my mini fake plants right out of the rooms so I guess I'd have to do something to kitty-proof them :)