Question

itty bitty hinges for the Willow front door.......how in the world do you attatch them?

Ooo, I don't like them! If you don't "seat" them meticulously, they bind. The heads of the little brads ("nails") are rounded, so that also makes them bind. If you want to prevent them popping loose (I've used superglue, both liquid & gel, as well as other glues, and still had them pop loose) you will be tempted to use the brads; fastening them into the hinges without popping the hinges loose often bends/ distorts the hinge so it binds.

This is why I hinge my doors with strips of chamois or twill tape (methods described in my team building blogs), or check out Peggi's team building blog for her Coventry Cottage to see how she used pins.

Ohhh thanks! What great ideas!!

Think I am going to try glue and as long as it holds, thats all I'm concerned about cause I'm selling the house anyway, and, as long as it holds up till it gets its new home, I am happy as can be!!

:thanks:

You can insert the brads into the hinges doing this: Drill a tiny hole where the hinge will be 'nailed' -- drill a hole for each hole in the hinge. Glue the hinge on (I've found that tacky glue holds nicely). Put a dab of glue on the brad. Insert the brad thru the hinge's holes.

The brads won't actually be holding the hinge -- the glue will -- but the holes will be filled in neatly and look right.