Built my very first dollhouse!

Katatat__

Hey everyone! Last month I found myself in a position where I had to build a mini, 1:48 dollhouse for work. To my surprise, I actually quite enjoyed it!

The dollhouse I built was bought from ebay - I believe it was a laser cut dollhouse. I didnt get around to painting this one, but would love to experiment with painting and decorating on my next project. Do you guys have any recommendations for where I might find more dollhouses? Do you think laser cut doll houses are a good investment, or do you have alternative brands that you recommend?

I'm a total newb - but looking to learn more!! Looking forward to hearing from you :)

11373880_445675102284043_556725491_n.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, Kat, and welcome to the forum, which is hosted by the Greenleaf Dollhouse Company, which sells a number of laser cut kits as well as the traditional die-cut kits. 

Members who have worked with both laser and die cut kits swear by the laser cut for its ease of release from the backing board, and its clean, crisp edges that require little sanding.

I am curious as to what kind of wonderful occupation you have that put you in a position to have to build a mini! 

• Like 1

...Do you guys have any recommendations for where I might find more dollhouses?...

Funny you ask that on the Greenleaf forum.  I am, of course, very partial to building the Greenleaf and Corona Concepts kits, and I like both laser cut and die cut.  You migh take time to drop in at the Newcomers forum and introduce yourself to everybody.