Christmas lights

Adallae

I'm back with yet another wiring question....

I want to add the stringed Christmas lights to my house, but I can't quite figure out how many lights it would be counted as. Specifically, I'm looking at the ones Earth and Tree sells, which have 24 micro bulbs on it and a plug to connect to a 12V system. They are the same as the new Houseworks ones in the HBS fall catalog. It says the micro bulbs are 2.0 mm :blush: . I haven't the slightest idea what that means!

My transformer can handle approximately 30 65ma bulbs. How many will the Christmas lights count as? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! I promise not to have any more dollhouse crises until next weekend. :D

Hi Angela --

Do the ones from the mini shop come with a plug? If so, you can just plug into an outlet. Each bulb counts as a bulb -- so, if you have a transformer that handles 30 bulbs and the string has 20, you'll need to make sure you have 10 or fewer other bulbs operating. I've used the battery pack ones and they're simple, reliable, cheaper and don't affect your other electricity. The 2.0mm refers to the size of the bulb, not to the voltage.

BTW, next week starts in a few minutes :blush:

I was thinking of buying those tiny strings of lights that you buy at xmas also.. Battery packs.

Do you want the lights to twinkle? If you want the lights to twinkle I read you have to wire them to there own transformer or all the lights in the house will twinkle.

I put the battery pack variety onto my mini Christmas tree and it looks great. There is a switch on the battery pack so you can make them twinkle as well. I wonder if you really wanted to plug them in if you could just cut off the cord and put a plug on it.

Katharina

Michaels carries them in their decoration departments, but you can get them just about anywhere that sells the Dept 59 stuff & I know that Ben Franklin stores stock them too. Lots of times the drug stores (like CVS) carry them.

I have battery operated ones on my Christmas. Have had them for years. I think I got them in Wal Mart. You should beable to pick them up where ever they sell Christmas lights. Yes, Miks's, Hobby Lobby or any other craft store.

good luck

Beth

While I was in Michael`s today I was strolling around and I ended up in the aisle that sells those electrified villages. Well, they have mini battery halloween lanterns $7.99 I think there we 6 lanterns on the string.

They had clear or colored lights (mini) battery powered for $7.99. Lots of lights on these strings! They had mini battery powered street lamps, flood lights, etc etc. I also found a mini xmas tree (not lighted) for $4.99.

I also turned around a picked up a pack of 18 mini gift box ornaments. I will snip of the strings and use them in the MHM.

Thanks for all of the responses! I found a variety of Christmas lights with battery packs at Mainly Minis, and they should work perfectly! Thanks again!

Just a side note on the topic, Michael's has 4" and 6" decorated trees in their Lemax section that are battery operated. The six inch fits perfectly in a bay window.

Deb