Building Fairy houses

Selkie

Here is a link for those of you into building fairy houses for your gardens. This a recipe for making waterproof homemade houses that could be formed into whatever styles you like or any garden accessories you needed, i.e. bridges, towers, fences, benches, etc. Stones and jewels, etc. could be added and so on as far as your imagination takes you.

Have fun.

(There are more links within the blog for other ideas.)

http://thefairygarden.ca/2014/05/19/small-batch-papercrete-3/

Here's the stone house one.

http://thefairygarden.ca/2013/12/12/make-a-stone-fairy-house/

• Like 1

I'm VERY into the fairy gardens right now and it's so much fun!  Deana (chesterfieldzoo) has been enabling encouraging me and I've taken to it like a duck to water.  I've had most of the plants in my backyard already and discovered that a lot of my miniature stash works wonderfully well in them.  It's a delight to go out to the patio and see minis mixed in with my leaf babies.  I'll get some pics uploaded today.  

If you're looking for a great source for resin minis to use in fairy gardens, try collectionsetc.com.  They have a fairy garden section but if you search for "mini" or "miniature" you'll find some awesome sets of minis there.  Most are 6-10 piece sets for $14.99 or less.  (They're nice enough for dollhouses too).  

• Like 1

I'm back.  Since I only have three finished, uploading the pics didn't take long.  LOL!!  I have a Witch's Garden in a cauldron in progress but not completed yet. These are the three I have finished.  I'm including the names of the plants in the description in the gallery if that might be of interest.  The hardest part of fairy gardens is finding plants that are compatible to combine in the same container.  

gallery_329_7319_80508.jpg

gallery_329_7319_21542.jpg

gallery_329_7319_5386.jpg

• Like 1

As I commented in your album, Wisteria will be wanting to come right on over. She adores building outdoor fairy houses and summoning the fairies to come.