Pierce...

Betty

Since I'm going to try and finally complete this house I'd love to see photos of the Pierce that others have completed. Anyone???

Also, any suggestions on how to dust the staircase? I have a can of air but I can't really get it into the staircase...and I can't get my hand in there either. It's carpeted and I can see the dust but I just can't reach it.

How do you all keep dust out of your houses?

Where do you keep your houses when they're done? I know from reading posts that a lot of you have more than one and I'm wondering how you display them.

And the most important question...how do you keep your real cats out of your houses (miniature houses that is).

Thanks...Betty

I use a brush for dusting/sweeping

mine is like a real housepaint brush but small

gets where the hand cannot go.

also maybe you could tape a bendable straw over the tube comming off the can of air

might allow you to get where you couldnt before?

nutti :thumb:

Since I'm going to try and finally complete this house I'd love to see photos of the Pierce that others have completed. Anyone???

Hi Betty! My Pierce gallery is here. I need to update the pics with the latest furniture in the living room and music room, but for the most part, it's up to date. I'd love to see pictures of your Pierce too. (I'm totally in love with that house........it's my absolute favorite and I adore seeing pictures of them)

And the most important question...how do you keep your real cats out of your houses (miniature houses that is).
I'm really lucky that my cat is claustrophobic as well as neurotic. :teehee: He doesn't like the small spaces inside the houses and over all, he seems to be afraid that they might be the kind of thing that eats cats.

I use a static cling duster for computers on mine. It might not reach down into that staircase tho. Nutti's idea of a flexible straw on a can of air sounds like a good idea.

Where do you keep your houses when they're done? I know from reading posts that a lot of you have more than one and I'm wondering how you display them.

I have five in the living room and six in the den right now. The smaller ones are set on turntables on shelves and the larger ones are set on tables. I've discovered that the wooden tv trays sold in places like walmart work really well for small and mid sized houses and can easily be moved.

Deb

I bought one of those attachments that goes on your real vacuum and it works really well. ( it was like $ 10 at miniatures.com i think)

I am really blessed because Dh enclosed part of the garage and even made tables so I get to display my houses like they are on a street and you can walk around and see the inside and outside. :blush:

I also have the mini attachment for the vacuum cleaner, it's GREAT!

Where do you keep your houses when they're done?

That's an issue at our tiny house, right now I have three in the livingroom and a potential buyer for one of them and nowhere for the Orchid once I get 'er done if the deal falls through. Although with another granddaughter on the way I hope to have a home for at least one of the houses...

Hi Betty! My Pierce gallery is here. I need to update the pics with the latest furniture in the living room and music room, but for the most part, it's up to date. I'd love to see pictures of your Pierce too. (I'm totally in love with that house........it's my absolute favorite and I adore seeing pictures of them)

I'm really lucky that my cat is claustrophobic as well as neurotic. :teehee: He doesn't like the small spaces inside the houses and over all, he seems to be afraid that they might be the kind of thing that eats cats.

Deb

Thanks Deb. I enjoyed seeing your pictures of the Pierce. It looks wonderful. I only have two pictures of mine and they're in my picturetrail album. It's www.picturetrail.com/bettymartin and they're in the first album. I started it a number of years ago...around 25.

Unfortunately, my cats are very curious. The dollhouse is in the dining room and I have doors to keep them out. However, if I leave the door open for even a second some of them will run in there. Since my house is pretty much empty they enjoy going inside and trying to walk out through the doors. I've had to put the doors back up more than once. And one of my cats jumped on the roof one time and broke off some of the trim as she desperately clinged to the top trying not to fall off. It broke in two pieces but they glued together pretty well.

Now I'm going to go back and look at your Pierce again.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions on the dust! I'll keep trying. Betty

Deb,

I used the slide show the first time and didn't see your comments. I really like the staircase, windows, everything! Is that a cat on the kitchen table? I love it!

I think there's a way to save someone's album. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to do it so I can go back without looking for this thread. Betty