The Arthur lasercut?

Fericia

My aunt asked me to make the Arthur for her. I'm very happy with that request! But I'm also making my Beacon Hill and I'm sick of sanding, haha.

So I was wondering... Is the Arthur lasercut or die cut?

Jennifer,

If you check the Greenleaf Miniatures Store, you can pull up a page for laser cut kits. You will see all of the 1" scale kits available in laser cut and some of the 1/2". If you look at the page of half scale dollhouses, all of those are laser cut. The Fairfield,a 1/2" scale house shown elsewhere is the only GL house in that scale that is NOT laser cut. If your Aunt likes half scale you can get The Arthur that way in laser cut.

Sure hope I made sense :) Good luck, I hate sanding too. I LOVE my Beacon Hill but am so grateful to have purchased the shell on craigslist.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think only the half scale Arthur is laser cut, and the 1:12 version is die cut. You could email Greenleaf to confirm.

However, in 1:12 scale there's a Limited Edition version made of birch plywood that's smoother wood and requires less sanding than the regular die cut houses. That one also comes with window and door upgrades. If your aunt wants a 1:12 house, then that's the version I'd go with personally.

• Like 1

Emily and Morgan are correct. But if your aunt likes the Arthur and wants one inch scale, you might show her the Diana. It comes in lasercut both half scale and one inch scale. It's got fancier trim than the Arthur, but it's basically the same type of cottage. It also has two lovely bay windows on the sides.

The laser cut one inch scale kits have almost no sanding. I built the one inch scale laser cut Tennyson and it was far easier to deal with than a die cut kit.

• Like 1

Greenleaf if you are listening, I would so like the Chantilly but I really need a sale to buy it. Does GL every have a sale??? I think the Chantilly is my dream Victorian house.

Thanks for the answers all =)

Where I live, there is only 1 Arthur. But I don't know if it's half scale or not...

I will show her the Diana! It looks really pretty.

Also, I've made a laser cut before, I love both die-cut and laser. But since I'm already working on the Beacon Hill, I would like another laser-cut as a change =)