Hi. I am a first-time builder. I keep reading about "checking the schematics," but cannot find anything like that in my Fairfield kit. Does it simply refer to the drawings/pictures within the instructions? I was hoping there would be a schematic that would actually give me a number for each part, so I am not guessing. Any help? Thanks!

I haven't built the Fairfield, so could be wrong about what it came with, but most kits come with instructions and schematics which are drawings of the sheets. These drawings show which pieces are on which sheets (the sheets are numbered), I.e., roof trim, door trim, right wall, etc.

Hope this answers your question.

Do, because your kit should have come with schematics, instruction sheets, "warm-up" sheet and a sheet of the clear plastic inserts for the doors and windows, and a bag of shingles for the roof. (I built two together, bought at quite different times, and all those things were there)

Oh, and a very warm welcome to the little family, Nancy.