Miniature War Gaming

cmsciulli

The problem with painting detail on N-scale figures is the brush size. I have only seen packages of unpainted HO figures, not N-scale ones.

They have the N-gauge also; I've been looking at them. I have a very fine paint brush but not sure my hands are steady enough. I should try it - might surprise myself. :yikes:

I was looking at some of the N scale figures thinking that it might be best to buy the ones already painted. With my fumble fingers and shaky hand some guy's pants would go all the way up to his neck! :artist: :oops:

• Like 1

I haven't looked on any of the train sites. If you go to eBay and type in "N scale figures" in the search box you will get over 800 listings. Painted, unpainted, people, animals, plastic, resin, etc.

I shop mostly at www.modeltrainstuff.com and www.tandkhobby.com for the train figures and vehicles. Right now they don't seem to have those packages, but it was at the first website (model train). Here's the description: Product Code: MDP-1370; Model Power N 1370 Unpainted Figures (72 pieces) Retail: $11.98 / our price: $8.69. They are all people, in various poses. At the time I copied the information, they had 6 units in stock - now they have none but they might get them back in later.

I've never done the gaming but those figures are beautiful! I use a lot of the N-gauge train people in my micro houses, and I could buy a package of unpainted assorted figures for a fraction of the price, but I look at those tiny things and I'm just not sure I could paint them effectively. I'd like to see one of your horse/rider pieces next to a Hershey's Kiss (candy) to get the perspective. Can't quite envision how small they are.

Don't have a Hershey's Kiss either but there is a pic of one of my figures on this page.

The post he is standing next to is actually just a simple matchstick, so that should give you an idea of the size. Unfortunately, my figure painting skills are not that good, so he looks a little shoddy, but it will give you an idea of his size...

One of the things we're really looking forward to once we get the workshop built and gett all his & my tools and all my dh kits and supplies and workbenches moved out of the garage is that I get one wall to set up my dhs and DH gets the rest for his N-scale trains and making his layout (and I have a pretty good idea who will be assembling the kits and painting the people, etc).

• Like 1