Beacon Hill arrived today Please help

toot sweets

I don't know if any of you remember me (sunnyray) but my Beacon Hill just arrived today! :( and I'd like to upgrade the doors before I start building.

Please please please could someone tell me where can I get upgrade ones? Is there a website selling them? The problem is that alot of dollshouses in the U.K, doors are made for thicker MDF type houses, not the thinner plywood.

I am soooooooooooooooo HAPPY! B)

I'll be starting work on it tomorrow and I'll take pics!

:D

Hi toot sweets!

I'm in the process of renovating a Beacon Hill I found on the curb a few weeks ago. :D I upgraded the front door with a "Houseworks" Victorian style door. They have a website "Houseworks.com" and you can also try Ebay. They have many doors there!

Good Luck and I'd love to see some pictures!

Welcome back, Sunny! :D

The Houseworks doors and windows are made for MDF thickness, too. You can use them in plywood but you'll either need to apply siding to the outside of the house (which makes it the proper thickness) or add some thickness to the window trim before you put it up to make the fact that the window / door is thicker than the wall less noticeable.

Timberbrook is another manufacturer of windows and doors, and they have special upgrade sets for some of the Greenleaf houses (they used to, anyway). The Beacon Hill might be one of them but I'm not sure. Anyone know?

According to the Oakridge Hobbies catalog, Timberbrook still makes Greenleaf-compatible window sets, though Oakridge isn't always reliable about having things in stock. But you could call them and ask if there's a Beacon Hill set available. Usually stores can special-order from manufacturers where they have an account.

Mott's, which tries hard to upsell additional components, recommends the Houseworks windows.