Can some of you tell me things about the Spring Fling?

mininecessities

I just got curious about the Spring Fling. Trying to do some searches but only found the gallery for them. Is there a place to see the previous winners work?

Some details about being involved would be very welcome :)

thanks !

Cheryl

oh I just found a pic that says 1st place in the gallery so got that figured out!

Edited by mininecessities

Usually the kit goes on sale at a special price at the beginning of the Fling. This year the deadline was extended because the kit was later than usual getting released. For the past few years Dean & crew have designed totally new, lasercut kits for the Fling. When you have finished the build and decorating before the deadline you can enter the contest by submitting three pictures that will be used for judging; as you can imagine, the pictures need to be GOOD.

At the top of the GL page you'll see tabs:

Forum Home | Forums | Members | Gallery | Blogs | Downloads | Store

Click the Gallery tab then on the right you'll see:

Community Contests & Classes

Current & past winners photo entries are there.

Something like this in The Front Office / Site Information & Feedback forum will posted in April: Greenleaf's #### Annual Spring Fling Contest.

All the rules, the kit you purchase from GL & any other info will be posted there.

You can't miss it! Here's 2012s post > click

Cheryl you'll have to wait until April 2013 for the next one. :)

...and what Holly said...

Thanks both of you! And Mike I will save your directions, lol. Don't worry Holly, Techi stuff just looks like wallpaper to me lol

I do have a pretty good camera, but a good camera whon't do it ........

lo and behold, after looking at some of the winners......doubt I will ever be that good but well maybe one day huh? It would be fun to be involved in it and makes a person want to sharpen their skills!

I can wait till April! It will be fun! thanks!

Cheryl

hi Cheryl, Welcome. It really was a fun project AND my first wiring so new experience there.

On Greenleaf store page you can find previous winners. (or use to be) So many creative minds it really is amazing.

good luck to you next year. oh, and to me :-)

ta,

Linda

hi Cheryl, Welcome. It really was a fun project AND my first wiring so new experience there.

On Greenleaf store page you can find previous winners. (or use to be) So many creative minds it really is amazing.

good luck to you next year. oh, and to me :-)

ta,

Linda

Thanks Linda!

yeah , how about good luck to both of us :) I have been finding the entries and winners.....omg what talent ......I could sit her all day and look at the awesome work people do. Well I don't expect to win, but I will end up with a nice miniature :)

Cheryl