EZ cutter question

Cuppa-Tea

I was looking for one of these today, and couldn't find one in the store. Before I order one online, I have a quick question. Does it only miter things that are flat (like window casing) or will it also miter trim that has to be cut diagonally on the edge, such as crown molding or chair rail?

Crown moulding and baseboard can be a little tricky to mitre but it Will do it :blink: I generally just use a small scrapwood backing and cut through both pieces together. You'll love your Easy Cutter!

-David

I see you understood my question. Thanks for the tip about scrapwood. I was wondering how to keep it from being crushed. I may just use my mitre box for those.

Hi Christine,

Actually I haven't had any problem with the cutter crushing my baseboards and crown molding - the blade is really sharp and cuts really well - the problem I've had is that the wood tends to want to bend just a little as the blade pushes into it, so even thought I carefully line up the angle as the blade is coming down the wood is so thin it wants to move away from the blade just a bit and give me a bit of a funky angle - which cleans up Super easy with a bit of sandpaper or a dremel! That's why I use the backing to give the wood some extra support so it doesn't move as much - it helpes the angle comes out cleaner on those super thin angle cuts.

David :blink: