Community Projects

peggyquade

I am new to this forum and I'm wondering how invites to Community Projects are handled? Do we all get an invite or do you have to be a member for a certain length of time? Is there one people are thinking of doing? I really like this group and can't wait to share pictures of the Pierce I am completing for a friend.

Hi There Peggy! We have a set group of people who are Team builders and they are the only ones that have been invited to build all of the Greenleaf dollhouses. They helped with creating this forum and also help now with new creative ideas to make the forum better.

We do invite members of the Greenleaf forum who we have come to know very well to build with us so yes, these people are ususally ones who have posted a lot on the forum. I am in charge of the team builds and I select members based off of there participation on the forum. The Owners felt that this was a good thing to do and I agree. :)

Please feel free to use the gallery or you can even create a personal blog too once you have 50 posts.

Your friend is so fortunate to have YOU as a friend!! Wow, building a Pierce for your friend is really Special and takes a lot of love and patience!! We are fortunate to have people like yourself here in our group too. That's what we are all about, sharing!!

I wanna see the pictures!!

:lol:

Keep posting, because there are exciting things coming up that ALL members on the forum can participate in soon!!

I wanna see the pictures!!

:lol:

Keep posting, because there are exciting things coming up that ALL members on the forum can participate in soon!!

Well pictures is definitley high up on the "want" list, and the last sentence is really, really enticing!!!!! Hmmm.... Such a little gentle tease that was :)

Mini-hugs

Oh peggy you teased with pictures! You are in trouble now. LOL

Atleast if we don't get to see the promised pics, right?!? :D We can be patient (yeah right that 'll be the day LOL, as patience is not a virtue in my eyes, atleast when it is about minis ) We jut need the tiniest hint to get a little something to jog that imagination of ours and to be able to g ointo that craft room/area with new energy and continue creating.

Hugs

I really do like sharing my work with you guys, you are all so encouraging! Sheila, my friend, is busy perusing the pieces of siding that I painted with a dozen different colors, so she can decide what and how many colors she's going to have me paint her Pierce. I gave her a book on The Painted Ladies. The Seattle dollhouse show is in a week or two and I think we may be going together; she doesn't do miniatures, or, at least, hasn't done them in awhile so I may be encouraging a new member! Whoo-hoo! Painting the Pierce is going to be both fun and challenging and I can't wait!. I have about half the siding on the first and the second levels. I tried my hand at stucco; I like how it turned out in one area but not the others. Kathie gave me some hints on how she textured the walls of one of her dollhouses and it turned out good. So now Sheila has two different stucco effects to look at and decide which one she likes better. I may have a third as well. Kathie had a different kind of texturing, done with kleenex?, that she's trying to locate the tutorial for and I'd love to try that. That's the one I really like. When I get all the siding on and all the gaps spackled up, I'll take more pictures.