Wanted: Dura-Craft strip wood trim

otterine

If anyone building a Dura-Craft kit has some of this left over and doesn't plan to use it, I'll take it off your hands. It's wood (pine maybe) trim 1/8" x 11/32" x 24". These strips are made from different colors of wood spliced end to end. I'm not looking for the ones with the triangular splices, just the ones like these. I'm not sure if the ones I have are from the Heritage or the old kit I have random parts left over from.

I'm happy to pay for shipping plus a little for the trouble. :)

post-4679-0-55206000-1333581348_thumb.jp

Thanks, everyone! Mike - I am not looking so much for the precise size as the precise look and feel of these - mixed up colors and textures, rough surface. I have a bundle, but I need quite a bit more for what I have in mind. Since it is rather shoddy wood, I figured people here might not have bothered using it at all if they built a Dura-Craft. :lol:

I've got a box in the garage with leftover DC pieces in it. I need to get in it anyway to see if I have any leftover shingles for the rehab I'm doing so this gives me a nudge to do it. Of course it's on the bottom of a pile on the top shelf, so when I can get someone to help me today I'll look.

• 1 month later...

Are the butted pieces random lengths or all the same?

& if all the same length how long are each of the pieces that make up the 24" piece?

Do the pieces have to be a total of 24" long?

Do the pieces have to be glued together or can they be in shorter lengths than 24",

then glued together by you?

Also my thickness sander uses 180 & 80 grit sandpaper, the 80 grit creates deep score or scratch lines in scale with something like weathered barn board...

What I'm getting at is - I have tons of scraps of different wood that can easily be cut to any width / thickness in random lengths &/or random widths. If in separate pieces you can glue them together on a flat surface like floor boards to a sub-floor or butt joint glue them together 1st then glue them to a stud/rafter or joist type frame...? :)

• 6 months later...

Popping this up to the top to see if anyone has some trim to spare. Description in the first post. :)

But, I am now willing to take even the finger-jointed pieces if it's the same size and coloration. 1/8" x 11/32" x 24"

Popping this up to the top to see if anyone has some trim to spare. Description in the first post. :)

But, I am now willing to take even the finger-jointed pieces if it's the same size and coloration. 1/8" x 11/32" x 24"

sent u an etsy convo :type: