Deb

Ah, springtime when a young mad scientist's fancies turn to love. Would you believe that Dr Thaddeus Robertson has fallen in love with a fairy? Apparently it's pretty serious because he's built a house for her. Well, to be honest he took a quarter scale house (the carriage house from one of the Greenleaf villages) that I'd built about a year ago and finished it. I'd originally intended that house to be a witch's house and had gotten as far as doing the stonework on it but then I got started on the Rosedale and the little house got lost in the shuffle.

Dr Thaddeus dug it out of the UFO box and put on strong copper doors and a roof of steel plates bolted together with brass rivets. He complained a lot about having to do menial labor like that when what he was really itching to do was make things like the water well pump in the side yard and the carriage lamp out front. He even put a pretty fairy medallion over the door.

The fairy must like it because I see smoke coming from the chimney and that's always a good sign of a happy home. I'm not sure how things are going to work out with them, but I truly do wish Dr Thaddeus all the best. He deserves to get out of the laboratory once in awhile and have some fun.

Here's a teaser pic of the fairy house. You can see more pictures including close up details in my steampunk gallery here on the forum or if that doesn't work for you, you can go to my website here.

post-329-0-48167400-1332438430_thumb.jpg

Deb

I would love to see the happy couple together! I can't wait to see all the wonderful little labor-saving gadgets Dr Thad makes his fae soul mate.

I'd love to see them too! Actually, Dr Thaddeus is just my imaginary friend (he's basically just the back story for the steampunk minis) but one of these days I'm going to build him a laboratory in a Vineyard Cottage and when I do, I'll have Julie Campbell make the doll for me. I can just imagine how Julie would interpret a mad steampunk scientist! She's soooooo good with character dolls that she's the only one who could do justice to the good doctor.

Deb

I will never know how all you gifted folks can work on such tiny things.

My big old clumsy hands just don't cooperate.

This is just wonderful.

Glad to see you back on the forum again too. I've missed you.

Love the story line too !!