Vineyard Cottage Window Wells

Gonzo

I am finishing up my Vineyard Cottage. I didn't like the way the upper window wells looked as the tabs and slots showed. I got out my trusty vinyl spackle and rounded off the insides. I was just curious if anyone else has done this or used wood filler to round them off. I was kind of surprised that there were no frame pieces to help cover up what looked to me as an obvious eyesore.

I'm not sure about on the Vineyard Cottage, but I have used spackle to cover up all kinds of gaps. Towers, bay windows, tabs and slots, name it.

Wooden skewers also make great gap fillers on bay windows and towers.

The lack of included trim is actually something that I like about Greenleaf kits. They don't have tons and tons of trim to cover up all kinds of things like that. To me, too much trim looks messy. Plus, that's more I have to punch out and sand and paint! (I'm not a big fan of trim, can you tell?) : )

You cn always make your own trim, should you feel the need. I, of course, am a spackle user from the get-go, but wall treatments go a long way to covering the unsightly and spackle (or joint compound or dywall "mud") does the job.