Home Depot Paint Specials

Gonzo

I ran to Home Depot today for some "non-mini" items. I usually check their mistinted paint as they have some great deals -- $2 per quart / $5 per gallon.

Today the paint manager showed me Martha Stewart testers for $1 each. They are 8oz bottles. A lot of popular colors. They also have 2oz testers of Glidden for $1 each. I spent $15 between the two...lol

Edited by Gonzo

Years ago, I learned that the smartest deal in town was the "Oop" paint area in Home Depot and Lowes for paint for my real house. Then it was a simple transition to get great paints for the little people. Sometimes HD has even the custom made testers in the bin for 50 cents!:thumb: If not, the testers are a good deal for the little people even at full price. Especially as my favorite craft paint is Delta Creamcoat and my Michaels no longer carries that brand. -- Actually, my local Michaels doesn't seem to stock much of anything anymore!:angry:

B)

Years ago, I learned that the smartest deal in town was the "Oop" paint area in Home Depot and Lowes for paint for my real house. Then it was a simple transition to get great paints for the little people. Sometimes HD has even the custom made testers in the bin for 50 cents!:thumb: If not, the testers are a good deal for the little people even at full price. Especially as my favorite craft paint is Delta Creamcoat and my Michaels no longer carries that brand. -- Actually, my local Michaels doesn't seem to stock much of anything anymore!:angry:

B)

Judith, do you have JoAnne's Fabric and Craft stores back there? They are still carrying a full selection of Ceramcoat. I have pretty much stopped shopping at Michael's since they don't carry my favorite paint now.

Thanks Casey, I do have a JoAnne's-- not too close by, but close enough. I buy my fabric and sewing supplies there (my Walmart has not brought fabrics back). JoAnnes has quality thread. We used to have a JoAnnes in the next town but it closed. Even our "dollar" stores have closed.

I did find on on-line shop Craft World : http://www.shopcraftworld.com/. They sell Delta and the DecoArt sand paints that I can no longer find locally, and a number of other good stuff. I have ordered from then once and I was very pleased with their service.

I will go off to JoAnnes -- if I remember correctly, you even buy your illustration board from them. My Michaels has gone from being such a great store -- I was shopping there constantly, but now is a "non-store". Even their "real-artist" supllies are minimal. I think restocking happens only one in a blue moon. I really don't understand why this happened. My little people deserve better!

B)

<sigh> There used to be a Craft World in Gainesville, FL (in the shopping center on Tower Road just off of Newwberry Rd, Jeremy & Lyssa, where the Home Depot is; it used to be next door to Circuit City, which lasted nearly ten years longer).

The only paint I have purchased for my "creations" in the past few months is at HD and Lowes. You can't beat $2/qt or $5/gal for some really good paint. Wal-Mart has a good selection, but they charge way too much (1/2 of the retail price). Also, take a look at any Habitat for Humanity stores or similar. My local Asset Recycling store has cheap paint. They also have premium wallpaper right now for 25 cents per roll. You have to dig a bit, but you can find some great patterns.