ebay dollhouse

luvmypoodle

My sister and I each bought this dollhouse at OddJob Stores (now out of business) last Christmas for $199.

It is MDF and is well made -- it goes together very easily and without glue or nails and in a couple of hours. It is modular so it can be moved easily. The furniture is well-made.

AND I put it it together WITHOUT bashing :lol: ... of course, I do have some ideas ..... :D

:)

Marie --

Yes, I thought the same thing. From what I read in the DHE catalog, the construction and building procedures are the same. That helped make it so appealing.

Also, the color is not TAN, but a warm creamy cream -- very Georgian.

:D

I'm currently saving my $$$ for the Grosvenor Hall basement section. I figure I'll be able to order it for my birthday and use my birthday discount. I don't know if I'll actually be able to put it together right away because I am short on space, but at least I'll have it. I'm going to try and talk DH into getting the actual "house" portion for me or just save up the $$ for it too.

I'm not as much into kits as I used to be (unless its a gift) since I've now had a taste of scratch building, but this is definitely a kit that I "MUST" have! :D

Oh, I hope you can get it! It is a grand-looking house.

I know what you mean about the allure of scratch building, especially as we both like to do "some changing around"! :D And also, depending on how much bashing you want to do, it is sometimes easier just to built from scratch.

:lol:

:D Wow! That dollhouse is HUGE! I could probably spend all day playing in that house.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You think that one is big, here's the Grosvenor Hall we've been talking about. It's a monster!

3.jpg

2.jpg

I can hardly wait until I have it! You can't tell in the pictures, but the basement is 2 rooms deep.

Isn't it just grand?! :D I want this one so bad I can taste it (MDF doesn't taste good, either! :) ). There's nothing about it I would want to change. However, I would add four life-sized cabriole legs to the bottom of it so it could be free standing; like a piece of furniture. :lol:

MY WORD!!!! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT THING!!! Is that an adult woman standing next to it, or just a child who's way to grown for her age! Please tell me that woman is like 3 ft tall! HA!! WOWWWY!!!

The ebay dollhouse is nice, especially since all of the inside is already finished before you even put it together!

n

Does it come pre-painted?

Yes. Everything is done. I have been making some changes, though (I can't help it :D ) I painted parts of the stairs Delta's Spice Brown to look like wood. It is very effective. I also removed the doors in the Living room and made the "nursery" a sitting room, and removed the door there also for a "flow-through" effect. I already have a family and some of their friends in the house.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

If you would like, I could send little emails to your hubby -- gently hinting about how much you would really love that house as a birthday present :) :lol:

B)

very nice house!

I love the front opening houses. for the dust factor more than the looks of it. a little plain to me....I do like all that victorian bricabrac!

but I think a front opening house would be great to have and this one is huge!!!

thanks for the photos!

nutti :lol:

Very cool house Judith! That dark blue (bedroom) wallpaper looks similar to the wallpaper in the diningroom of Jimmy's Worthington! I agree, I like your bedroom furniture!