Philadelphia Miniaturia 2011

The Philadelphia Miniaturia showis the first weekend in November this year. I would have never thought I would ever get to go. I have become very close with another miniaturist on Facebook, Dale Chimel (Dale`s Dreams on Etsy) and she lives a 10 minute drive from the event. She invited me to come stay at her home that weekend to go to the show.

I am freaking excited! I hope it does not snow too badly. I can take an Amtrak train from my city to her city in four hours and it will cost me a pittance. I was going to say no until I saw it would not cost me too much. I wish airfare was that cheap!

Who else is going?

Fred says he is glad I am going but I have to buy a cheesesteak to bring home to home..LOL

Here is thelist of vendors.

I see Sherri (Colvin Studios) is going to be there. I am going! I hope I get to see some of my friends on here.

I wish Dale could have gotten a table. That would have been fun to be a part of. (Dale`s Dreams) Let me know if you will be there also.

• 3 weeks later...

You should have a ball. I have driven down several times and taken classes. Would love to go but have already piled up more projects then I will probably ever finish and so need to do what I have. Should not have gone to Chicago but wanted to take a special class really bad. Sigh, brought home another project. I will be thinking of you Heidi and really hoping you enjoy it. Will need a report!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am definitely 100% going so if you are also, let me know and we can meet up. I am also looking forward to meeting Bridget McCarty in the flesh. She helped me out with a quick on the fly birthday gift this year.

So Bridget, Colvin studios, Traci and maybe Sara.

This will be nice if we get to meet up!

So bummed! I cannot go at all now. I cried all the way through an email to cancel my reservations. My work schedule has changed recently and as of last week is completely up in the air, so there is no way I can do it this year. Heidi, I so would have LOVED to meet you IRL. I am definitely making plans for next year. It will be vacation time set in stone next time.

Please post details when you get back so I can live vicariously!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have my list of things to pack and I leave on Saturday Morning. Tracy wants me to stalk the Rik Pierce area and take lots of pictures. LOL I am so looking forward to this and it is going to be a nice weekend!