shopping

ilovecats

I had fun this morning and went out shopping. Something i don't do very often. Yes I do buy alot of mini's, but that is online. I rarely go shopping at stores because i'm broke from shopping on ebay :lol:

Today i went to michaels, joann's, and ben franklin and found a few items i can use in my mini world.

1) A witch from ben franklin and misc craft stuff

2) a pasta machine from michaels (thanks 40% off coupon), sponge brushes 12 for a dollar, some items from the halloween dept. ( a coffin with skellie, a tree, tombstones, a set of 4 pumkins strung together that light up...this can go on the porch of one of my dollhouses(i plan to have one house that i change the decorations in each holiday) - each item was 25%). I really really wanted a couple of buildings to start a haunted village, but they are expensive, even at 25% off. There is this mausoleum tho that is sooooooo cool....$59 dollars plus 25% off, but still expensive for just one item IMHO. I am so very tempted tho.....i'll think it over for the next day or so, they had several of them. I almost bought the church to to go with my graveyard theme but it wasn't as interesting and i think the mausoleum would be better. The front doors open and a figure comes out on the porch. You can look into one room and see flames and a person is screaming. cute really, I promise. Okay i think i decided to get it :blink::p okay...andrew's running errands so i'm gonna run out with him and go to a different michaels (the michael's i went to was out of gargoyles....i hope i find a couple for my cemetary).

3) fabric remnant for a barbie sundress and a couple of cute plaster type creatures with bobble type heads (they need to be painted) but for a $1 each they are adorable. They are like 1/2 scale if i want them to be :D

I'll take a picture sometime today so show my treasures...everything was on sale :) I'll get the mausoleum and take photos as well.....oooh this is fun! marg

okay, i'm back from our excursion.... :)

I got the mausoleum.....took it out of the packaging and noticed 4 decorative items broken off of it, which can be reglued. Paint missing along the whole side bottom edge, not so easy to fix. The first time it went thru it's cycle of doors opening etc....the coffin went from a standing position to a lying position then the coffin rolled back on a conveyor belt into the flames. Each time after that it didn't roll back on the conveyor belt into the flames. So, with all these problems, it's going back to the store tomorrow for a replacement.

That is the first problem :lol: :p

We also got a smaller decoration that has a tree, tombstones and there is a casket in the middle of the ground and the door is supposed to open and a skeleton sits up, then lays back down and the casket door closes. Well, it's supposed to. It doesn't open OR close. GRRRRRRRR. It's going back as well, since Andrew paid for that one, he can decide if he wants a replacement or not.

so far, I'm not impressed with the function of these higher priced decorations. They look cool, but if they don't work.....

I'm sure the replacements will be better, tough luck on the duds this time around. I'll take photos tomorrow when they arrive.

Another great find today....I forgot about Roberts craft store on my outing this morning....half a mile down the road and I forget about it... :blink::D Anyway, i found some mini skellies (I bought 2 garlands of 8 skeletons) for a great price, and got (2) 40% discounts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two discounts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEEE....So what would have cost me $14 and some change was just over $8. Sad thing is that i have purchased this same type of skeletons on ebay for $7-10 EACH..... These same skeletons!!!!!!! auuuuggghhhh! I'll take photos of those as well. I'm very happy about that purchase! :)

Wow, someone really made a profit on selling those skeletons individually! I never have bought online - I'm a "hands on" shopper. Plus, my steely eyes are fine-tuned to spot all bargain/clearance shelves! (I haven't developed any online radar.) :blink:

Wow, someone really made a profit on selling those skeletons individually! I never have bought online - I'm a "hands on" shopper. Plus, my steely eyes are fine-tuned to spot all bargain/clearance shelves! (I haven't developed any online radar.) :lol:

Yes, they are profitting nicely! At the time tho, I couldn't find the skellies anywhere else. :D Ah well, getting the deal on the skeleton garlands made up for it.

I'm pretty good at finding stuff at okay to great prices online. I do alot of comparison shopping tho, which can be time consuming!

We got a replacement for the mausoleum. It works great and is soooo cool! The downside is that i am now into collecting stuff to make a halloween village :lol: :D:) I have been obsessed by this the past couple of days, there are so many cool items available online. I've discovered a forum dedicated to "villaging". It's pretty cool! They have photos of villages in progress or completed! Another hobby that requires more room than i have available. But oh so much fun! Marg