Halloween Thoughts on this rather chilly day

Wolfie

After reading all the Harry Potter books and watching the movie I'm rather afraid my view of witches is far more pedestrian. I think Mrs Weasley & her family are perfectly witchly.

Well Holly, how will people know that I've created a witch as she will be a normal looking woman? LOL It might work in the movies, but how would people know?! LOL

(psst, I think that was Rosalind's point...) BTW, I love your sweet granny-witch. I don't much care for the haggy kind, but the seedy old bag-lady witch with her stockings falling down has an appeal.

Waiting to be china painted are two lovely old ladies with long pointy noses, and pointy toed shoes - noses with warts, and sweet smiles! These will be the kind of witches people will love. I emptied the kiln again this morning and now have 48 potential old ladies to make into all kinds of lovely elders....from hags to rich old bags.....LOL

And all in between!

Now I must pour old men! Lots of old and young men actually. Never can have enough men around the house! and after the men, of course! Babies and children!

Then I shall rest....and must make up dolls all winter!

Working on a rich old lady right now. A snooty looking one.......

Me, too! Marcia Backstrom makes delightfully snooty old ladies, but all her old ladies have a haggard look about the eyes. Yours seem more the jolly, twinkly srot of old ladies.

Thanks Holly! But this elder is one strong woman. Look at those ankles! Look at the strength in her face, her hands! She doesn't need a tween to help her, or a hat or shawl. She is a rich snooty elder! POWERFUL! STRONG! LOL

Like you and I eh?

Not so quickly Shy Spirit! I already had her body together since long ago....all I needed to do was to concentrate on what she wanted to be. Actually she started out to be a Victorian granny, but she didn't want to be that! :giggle: She asked to be a more contemporary lady out on the town! And so she was. I'm glad you all like her!

:rolleyes: