San Fransican Dollhouse 557

Janie

Good

Morning

I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the San Fransican dollhouse kit. I am at the point of the tower back walls and am having a heck of a time. I can not get how to get these three pieces to cooperate/ Any helpful hints sure would be appreciated

Thanks so muc

Janie

Hi Janie, I sort of remember that part-- I braced them together on the exteriors with masking tape to hold them in place with respect to each other, and ended up filling a massive gap with wood-filler on that angled piece:

post-928-0-82240700-1307210529_thumb.jpg

I recorded many of my trials and tribulations with the SF557 build in my blog; hope it's helpful with some things not to do... The main thing NOT to do, that I discovered, is to ship the assembled house without ALOT of padding on the sides. I did not put photos in my blog of the post-shipment damage that happened because it made me too sad...! :( (I was able to fix much of it but the main "seams" of the house, the glue joints of the main walls to the floors, are compromised... Though I suspect that part of the problem was also the fact that the pieces are old MDF, because there was some delamination also...)

I'm no help, the only SF I've built was the SF555, which was all tongue&groove milled plywood glued together into wall sections that slid down into milled longframe pieces. I don't "do" MDF; one roombox kit was more than enough!