Progress on Burghley Basement

jrchob

The third room which will be a sewing/play area needs completing. After I finish the railings on the left side, I can hingge it all together. The steps and lions are for the house's entryway. I am still reading the Cir-Kit book, therefore the lights are on the floor and not the ceiling!! Janet

post-6081-0-74170100-1304435722_thumb.jppost-6081-0-46532000-1304435756_thumb.jppost-6081-0-89164700-1304435777_thumb.jppost-6081-0-56336600-1304435794_thumb.jp

It's looking lovely! I imagine the dolls house emporium houses are much like real good toys. Have you found that to be true?

Hi Megan, I have found DHE and RGT pretty similiar in construction so far but I have not unpacked the house which will sit on top of the basement. I like the directions to RGT houses much more as sizes of pieces are given. I don't plan to make major changes in the construction but in the decoration such as the roof. I did not use the black plastic railings that came with the kit but found wooden railings that I painted black. I have had difficulty in contacting DHE by email which is a negative. RGT is always so helpful both at their site and by phone and email. But I'm having fun. Thanks for looking! Janet

I love how the basement is coming out, your kitchen looks awfully cheery for being in the basement! Could you post a picture of the house it's going under?

Thank You! When it's open, the basement I consider part of the house. The house I plan to do in a pale yellow with white trim. I have white window boxes with purple, pink and green. I also found a Unique Miniature applique for the Basement front that I liked better. Janet

post-6081-0-61507200-1304516686_thumb.jp

post-6081-0-86273200-1304516714_thumb.jp