Adobe Photoshop 7.0

heidiiiii

Okay. I have a dilemma. Chels is the photoshop queen and she doesnt know how to do it.

I have 1 picture that I want to duplicate. Instead of having to print out 4 of the same pic 4 times and waste paper, I am trying to figure out how to have 4 of the same pic on one page so I can copy it just once.

Do you know what I mean?

Any help would be appreciated!

Heidi if you have Word I can help you out! Highlight your picture and do a copy by right clicking your mouse. Choose copy. OPen word and right click again and do paste. Go to the next area you want to place a picture (cursor) right click and paste however many pics you want. YOu may need to change the margins in your word program but this is how I do all of mine when I want a full sheet of something. Any questions just ask.

Shelly N

I pretty much do the same thing as Shelly but I do it in the regular paint program that comes standard on most PC's. I wish I knew how to do more with my programs - the problem is every time I find a program that someone says will do what I want it tries to take over all my picture files :lol: It seems someone should make a good paint program that just opens when you want it to and doesn't mess with the rest of the computer <sigh> I had PSP (paint shop pro) and I loved it.. except that it tried to take over my computer.. so ended up having to delete it and reformat.

-David

Okay. I have a dilemma. Chels is the photoshop queen and she doesnt know how to do it.

I have 1 picture that I want to duplicate. Instead of having to print out 4 of the same pic 4 times and waste paper, I am trying to figure out how to have 4 of the same pic on one page so I can copy it just once.

Do you know what I mean?

Any help would be appreciated!

Are you trying to 4-up(4 to a page) or increase the canvas size?

To print 4-up choose file>print> prefrences or properties> depending on your printer you may have an option to choose 2-up, 4-up and so on. If your printer doesn't have the option of 4-up printing(mine doesn't and it sucks). Do it this way.

Increase the canvas size. Choose Image>Canvas Size Enter the new measurements. Double the length and width of the orignal picture. Then duplicate the layer three times, position each layer for a clear view. Then print. Hope this helps.

In order to put several printies on 1 page for printing in photoshop I open the document I want to print and size it to the size I want. Then I open a second blank document full page . select all on the main document , click and drag it and place it where I want it on the full page, Simple.

Melissa

Okay melissa, I did what you said. In the blank page, when I dragged the image over, there was just the lines of the picture but not the picture.

I clicked on the sides of the page, in the page, and the lines disappeared. But the picture didnt show up.

I dont know why I didnt think of using Word. It is just I used photoshop to size it and I figured it wouldnt be hard to duplicate it.

I need to fall over a pile of money and get an updated computer!

I used word, I have my copies! TY all!

Heidi, look in your toolbar in Microsoft Word. You should see a heading that says "insert". Scroll down to "picture" and then choose "from file". Your computer will look for picture files for you to choose from. Choose the picture and then hit the button "insert". Your picture should appear on your Word document. If you click on the inserted picture, you can resize it in your Word document by the little corners that will show up. If you want more than one picture to a page, you can insert other pictures or copy/paste the same one more than once into the document. Also, your Photoshop should have a way to print a "contact sheet", in which you can set up a page with multiple photos of different sizes. Good luck...when all else fails, use your "help" heading...that should steer you in the right direction. Can't wait to see your mini photos on the walls of your house! Hope this helps, at least in a "mini" way!

Thanks Mare, I used Word and made a copy.

Chels is angry. Photoshop isnt working in her XP. It works in mine. I even re-loaded the program and it still shuts down after it is trying to load.

I told her she NEEDS to clean up. She has been sucking the memory dry and I bet that is the reason it isnt working in her windows.

She tells me I need to either buy more memory or get her a external memory drive.. HAHAHAHAHA.. she is soo funny.

She needs to grow up and she needs to get a job and she will find out that money doesnt fly out my backside!

Heidi, I'm glad you got your picture printed! And have faith...Chelsea will grow up at some point, when she realizes that what she does in life will directly influence what she's able to have/get. I watched my two teenagers turn into people who understood that basic fact of life...it was delightful when I saw it happening! But in the process, one of my favorite phrases that kept me from commiting teenacide was "this, too, shall pass"! :lol: :D

And you know what? It did!! Hang in there and keep on being the great mom that you are!!

I use Photoshop extensively for my work (I'm a graphic designer) and as far as memory is concerned, yes Photoshop uses a ton of memory (RAM). If you don't have enough RAM, you will find that Photoshop will freeze up or shut down or just not open at all. Also, if you have a lot of programs running at the same time, and you try to use Photoshop, you may also encounter similar problems (most especially if you don't have a lot of RAM).

As far as trying to copy things over from one document to another, and things not showing up in the new document, it sounds like you're not dragging over all the layers you want. Check your layers palette and see which layers contains the images/graphics you want.

Hope that helps a little. :)

Thank you Brenda!

I suspect that my daughter is sucking the life out of this poor poor puter. She is an artist and graphic design is one of the things she is thinking of persuing when she goes to college (She is a senior now). I gave her a warning. DELETE DELETE DELETE. Then I will defrag and see what happens.

I just had the puter dusted 4 months ago! :) At the time our geek told us we had alot of memory. We were planning on buying her Illustrator and a palette. He told us we were all good. A tip for parents of teens: Watch out if they have Limewire or Soulseek. You can kiss speedy puters goodbye!

I will show her your post. She knows alot more about Photoshop then I do.

That's great! An aspiring graphic designer! :D

If you plan on purchasing more design software for her, it would be best to do a very good cleanup of your computer system first. Check the labels of the software for minimum requirements. Pretty much all design software takes up a huge amount of RAM memory (as well as hard drive memory).

Also, you will find that most design/ad agencies and graphic designers use Macs, not PCs. So if your daughter has never used a Mac before, it would be good for her to start getting the hang of it.

Good luck to your daughter! If she enjoys design and art as much as I do, she will find this career a very rewarding and fulfilling experience. Currently I own my own design business with 2 other business partners and it's great to be your own boss! :) But it took me going through some fire before I could get to this point. Luckily I had found a wonderful design mentor who taught me a lot more than what I learned in school. One of the many things I learned is that in the real world, a graphic designer is way more valuable to a company if he/she also has good business knowledge. And second, graphic design is about not just art. It's also about communication. You said you're daughter will read this, so I'm just putting this in here for her. :D If she has any questions, I would be more than happy to answer!