Swap Items

MiniMadWoman

Well I have to say that I put away most of my little swap goodies in a plastic container waiting for the day when they'd find a home. I took it out today and to my surprise there was a ton of stuff I hadn't even realized I had gotten! :D I found a vase with flowers (BH) a rose topiary and flower arbor (conservatory) a gnome, kitty in basket and a potted cactus (Mother Goose Cottage). I also found a glass clock I had stashed away (Mother Goose Cottage) and some berry pie fixings Tracy had given me (Mother Goose Cottage). I moved the knitted shawl, scarf and hat from the BH to Mother Goose's Cottage (it just seemed to fit there better).

All in all a very productive day!! :lol: I want to thank all those again for the lovely treasures from the swaps. It's like Christmas over here!! :lol:

Sure, it works like this http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...p?showtopic=275

Basically, you make a predetermined number (for instance if there are 10 members joining you make 10 items plus one for the hub person) of items for whatever the theme is for that swap (for instance Halloween) and then you mail them to the hub person (for instance Linda). Then you sit back and wait patiently for your swap items to be sent to you (you'll get back 10 different items from the other members in the swap).

It's fun and exciting in that you never know what's coming until you get it!! If you haven't joined one before, try it! You'll really like it!

Here's the pictures . . .

Susanne's cat in basket post-267-1155244256_thumb.jpg

Cactus plant post-267-1155244229_thumb.jpg

Clock on window ledge on left (I had from another project) and Carol's shawl, scarf and hat on right of couch post-267-1155244283_thumb.jpg

Flower vase post-267-1155244307_thumb.jpg

Gnome . . . he's just too cute! I'm going to add him to Tracy's mushrooms when I get them. post-267-1155244338_thumb.jpg

Peggi's rose topiary post-267-1155244372_thumb.jpg

Tracy's pie (she gave this little treaure to me when I went down to visit) post-267-1155244402_thumb.jpg

Terri's flower trellis post-267-1155245058_thumb.jpg

I'm really sorry I don't remember who did the other lovely items (I couldn't find the tags back) . . . but you know who you are and if you want to identify yourself in this thread . . . I know I'd appreciate it!! :lol:

This is a sort-of related idea: what we should do is start some sort of "swap" of "left-over extra" things -- like, the extra pieces of channel, or woodworking, or one-too-many bags of shingles, or...

folks know what they've paid for the item...they'd swap for an item(s) of equal or lesser value, of something they need. We could post pictures. Anyway.

In the meantime, I'll have to work on my little books. I'm getting pretty good at making them (not with real pages, but they're kinda neat, anyway... I'm making them while I wait for glue to dry, or stain to dry, or wood putty...or waiting for my shingles to come, and the new windows I just ordered....

Teresa -

Your Mother Goose cottage is coming along beautifully. The little extras that you've been adding really bring it together. I feel very proud to see my mother cat/kittens in a basket sitting in the Mother Goose cottage. That was the first ever swap item I'd made. The black and white tuxedo cat that you've placed in front of the basket is so like my Dudley. What a terrific choice for a father cat. Dudley was always calm. He was an excellent communicator - could tell me exactly what he wanted. But, he was a cat of few words. His purrs were quiet and private. They were also reserved for those who were very special and privileged in his life. He wasn't flighty.

Ray and I were looking at the photos of your cottage in the Blog section, and it is lovely. You are a very talented decorator, and we're both looking forward to seeing the completed cottage.

-Susanne

Susanne, you should feel proud, they're adorable and I didn't even realize the connection until you mentioned it . . . it's kind of neat how the two went together like that! :D It was meant to be!

I'm patiently waiting on MG's bed, bathroom and kitchen ensemble. Why does the post take so long when you're waiting for something . . . is it kind of like watching water boil? :lol: