Don't know what this is?

minikelli

I think it is called Petite something, Dreams maybe? There's been a discussion before on this house, gimme a minute and I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Yes, it is called Petite Dreams.

Here's a link to Newt's Gallery with a picture.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=12213

So, are you gonna get it? :thumb:

Thanks guys, been scouring looking for victorian inspired dollhouse pics! lol I've already e-mailed her, and hope to hear back b/c for the price -- even though it'll definitely need some TLC, she's got the window and trim that needs to go back on it -- I've already been thinking of it as my house. lol Probably not good to get my hopes up already, but I can see a lot of potential for this :thumb: ! So for the moment keeping my fingers crossed!

You and me both! lol Of course, that would also mean I would be going from 3 houses to four that I'll have to work on/rehab... To think it all started with that one little Laurel house for my niece -- would've never guessed at the beginning this would be so blessedly addictive. :thumb:

Just wanted to share -- I got it! heeheehee Sitting here rubbing my hands together in anticipation, my first rehab to do. From reading the one review on the epinions link it sounds like either the kit was a lot of trouble to put together, or they just didn't have patience. Already know that when I'm done it won't be the blue that was put on in the factory, and the insides not only need to be cleaned up big time -- but guessing also primed before I even think of redoing the inside... Cannot wait til I get my hands on it! :thumb: :p:D

Don't get to pick it up til the last wk of January, but I know I'm going to change the outside coloration. Thinking green coloration -- going through shades of seafoam to sage. lol Probable accent colors of a deeper yellow w/burgundy, always liked that color combo. The rooms on the right side are pretty good as far as width goes, may add a wall in on the second floor to make for a smaller bathroom. Know it was marketed as a victorian, but I look at it and see more along the lines of a town home type of dwelling.. Should be fun, though thankfully I've yet to come across a build that hasn't been fun for the most part.

Well... excepting when I shingled Alyssa's house upside down and having to take all the shingles off to re-do. Probably part of the reasoning I was beginning to despise shingles by the end of that house. lol

congratulations. looks like a lot of fun. hope the price was reasonable for you. haha your first one for niece got you going.

you are scaring me about shingles. I have a package of 1,000 to put on mine. Still can't use broken arm too much so the extension is on hold. maybe in a week or so.

going to read a bit then try again to sleep.

LindaC

No need to worry about the shingles for you I'm sure... Just make sure you place the roof piece on to the house to know which way it's supposed to sit before you start shingling. Common sense I know, but I didn't think to do it til I had half of the one roof piece done. lol Oh, and to say the very least about Alyssa's house getting me going! Funny, b/c as a kid myself never wanted a miniature house per se -- but always wanted to build one. Now I've found I really do enjoy it so much as I once figured I would! :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, went and picked it up today... Lots of cleaning to be done, and in all likelihood a good primer like Kilz will be needed -- that's after plenty of scraping and sanding! But the potential is definitely there... I think I've gone and lost my mind with these. lol