Back to "normal"?

chattycathy66

Hi everyone, been MIA for quite a while...

was spending quite a bit of time with my grandma (she had a pretty bad stroke about 1 yr ago, and a recurrence of of breast cancer)...she passed away in mid October. If anyone remembers, I was pretty angry with my cousins(her other grandchildren) not coming to see her(it had been 3 1/2 yrs since they visited) and acting like I was exaggerating her illness...they finally did visit fo at the end of September...luckily she didn't have to suffer too long--she was at her worst for just 3 1/2 days and I spent each of those 3 days with her. It sounds very weird to say, but her funeral was one of the most upbeat I've ever been too. My grandma was at peace with dying and didn't want ppl to make a fuss...so my mom had them play Polish waltzes and polkas quietly in the background, our family loved it--I could just imagine her dancing around , she loved to dance. Although I miss her greatly, I only have to close my eyes and make my mind still to feel her loving presense--which I believe helped me to no longer be angry at my cousins...I was blessed to have the extra time with her. Being able to spend so much time in the last year, and especially in those last days; it was the most valuable gift ever!

so now, I've been readjusting my routine without the many hours of travel to see her...

been working on my Creatin' contest entry....and today painted the dining room :giggle:

Missed catching up with everyone here...

What a delightful woman your grandma must have been! You are blessed for having her as long as you did.

Now you can rest and get back to normal routine. Your grandma would want you to do that.

Good luck with the contest! Be sure to show us pictures afterwards!

:giggle: