House of Miniatures

heidiiiii

I just got my package from ebay and the two chest of drawers dont have any instructions.

I am going to email the seller to see if maybe they have them laying around. All the other kits have all the pieces and instructions so they were probably misplaced long ago. Not a negative feedback kinda thing!

I am guessing that HOM is no longer in business.

Has anyone made this and MAYBE saved instructions?

It is No. 40009 Chippendale Chest on Chest circa 1750-1790.

I could probably get it together w/o instructions but I want to make sure all the pieces are there b4 I get to glueing!

I wish Reallife/Scientific were still making the sets of furniture kits, Mini Mundus makes a few, but my lord, the prices of their kits! Anyone know if Shenandoah is still making kits? I liked their tester bed better than HOM's. Northeastern Lumber has a very few 1:12 furniture kits, laser-cut, that are fun to make & slightly more modern than some of the others.

I've never tried any of the other kits besides HOM. I'm not really sure if other companys still sell kits or not. The only way I got my HOM kits were Ebay. And for some strange reason I end up keeping all the instructions for every kit I've made, DH asks me why and I tell him you never know when you may need to build another chair or dresser to fill a space so it's cheaper keeping the instructions and making one off of that then buying another kit. :D

Does anyone know if Shenandoah is still making kits?

Nope I think they are no longer around Holly. Annette, if you have yours handy, I would love if you could send them to her. Mine are in a box. I just don't know if it's away (In the pod off site) or in the garage. :wacko: I am willing to look though if you don't have them. :D

Thank you Annette and everyone else..

I have been cutting out the box top and stapling it to the instructions and putting it in my dh folder. I didnt know why I did this but now I do! :D

i wanted to thank Annette for coming thru w/the instructions!

the ebayer was actually willing to have me send the two chest on chests back to her cause she considered them worthless without the instructions and give me a partial refund. That is after I gave her positive feedback!

I am saving her as a seller. That shows a truly good seller!

I told her no problem, I have friends in mini places. :D

It was no problem at all Heidi, I was glad to help. That's what we're here for :o .

It was nice that the seller offered to take them back and give you a partial refund :D . There aren't to many that would do that.

Happy building :( .