Brick Compound & Stencils

Angelblue

Hi,

I bought some brick compund and stencils for my Lilly. I'm finally getting the lighst in there and now I want to use outside the brick compund.

I sprayed the stancil like they said but it doesn't really stick to the wall. Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? Does anyone use this stuff yet?

Thanks for ideas and help.

Peggi has the Bromley stencils and let me play with it on her Van Buren. she used a spray adhesive, per the directions, and positioned it, then kept a couple of fingers on it to keep it put whilst spreading the brick mix. The spray adhesive isn't all that strong, press it down really well and hold the stencil above and below where you're spreading the mix. The part I wasn't exactly thrilled with was cleaning it off between each use to get all the brick mix off before spraying and reusing the stencil; seems sike a waste of brick mix.

I use this method a lot & there was many trial & error attempts ! I used the 505 temporary fabric adhesive spray to hold the stencil down. For the brick, I used spackle & mixed in a little red carpenter's chalk. I would 'glop' it on & scrape off the excess with a plastic, wide putty knife. To clean the stencil, I put warm, soapy water in an old paint pan & wiped the stencil with a sponge. You do waste some of the mix, but not a lot of it....Once you get on to the trick of doing it.

Steve in PA

Mask really, realy well! I trace around the window trims and mask the bare wood on the extetrior, so that no matter what I wind up doing to the exterior, when I''m done (and before it dries) I take off the masking tape and have a nice spot all ready to attach the windows/ doors.