Adding a full chimney to my Pierce

Just One More

I want to have fireplaces in my Pierce. The chimney is in the right place on the roof but I'd like to add a full chimney to that side of the house. My idea is to go straight down from the chimney on the roof on the left, and on the right, straight down and beveled out to more the middle of the wall at the first floor. A wooden chimney like the Willow has, but a different shape is one of the things I thought would work. I'd have a smaller fireplace in the bedroom and a larger one downstairs with the sofa facing it. There would be lots of room left for chairs and end tables etc. Has anyone done this? I looked in the gallery and didn't see any. I would use foam core to build it like I did inside in the attic in my Willow. I used brick paper and wood to cover those but would probably use wood strips only for the Pierce. Any ideas? :wave:

That sounds totally doable, Pat. I'm planning to add to the first floor and cut openings for French doors in that wall for the first and second floors, and add a conservatory with a flat roof there. I had thought originally about putting windows on the third floor, but I got new kit windows when I swapped away the Timberbrook upgrades (they might be "working" but they were 'way plain), and if I make the extra windoows they won't match; although, when has that ever stopped me? (or, by golly, I'll make those puppies work!)

That sounds totally doable, Pat. I'm planning to add to the first floor and cut openings for French doors in that wall for the first and second floors, and add a conservatory with a flat roof there. I had thought originally about putting windows on the third floor, but I got new kit windows when I swapped away the Timberbrook upgrades (they might be "working" but they were 'way plain), and if I make the extra windoows they won't match; although, when has that ever stopped me? (or, by golly, I'll make those puppies work!)

I like your idea. I have the two story duplex room box from HBS. If it wouldn't make the Pierce just too big for me, it would be interesting to add that on that wall. I haven't checked to see if it would fit. It would have to be removable because I don't know where I'm going to fit this house just the size it is. The room box is not put together. I got it on one of Ernie's sales and it's still in the box. I should probably just make the chimney. :wave: