Beacon Hill rehab - roofing help!

kreativitea75

I bought a pre-built Beacon Hill on CL for a steal! The problem is that several steps I would have taken to decorate while putting it together were ommitted. I have already had to sacrifice the stairs, which were installed before flooring or wallpapering were done.

My real problem is the roof. First, can those strips of wood shingles be used on the BH, or should shingles be applied one-by-one? Also, there is a nook of roof that was not shingled, and now this small angled area is tough to get to because it is right next to the tower (I'm including a pic). Any ideas on how to shingle this area? Any and all ideas greatly appreciated!

post-5603-1281022019_thumb.png

The best thing I can think of to shingle that area of the roof is to make a paper template, as you would for flooring or wallpaper. Simply tape pieces of paper together that will fill the space (as best as possible). From that you can make a clean, one piece template. I use graph paper since the lines are already there, and you can glue the shingles to the template. I did this on my Garfield for the shingles in the areas, and it worked perfect. ALl you have to do then is glue in the solid piece on the roof.