Alison Jr.

I rescued this house from a friends Basement today !!!! (Pics are in my album under Dollhouse rescue) I have started working on her already... So I am going to use this area to post all my questions and problems with this one.!!

The floor has hardwood flooring and it is carved in by the Manufacturer. The floor has glue all over it...... where they put down tile for the bathroom... and some sort of foam type backed carpet.. in the other living areas.... I would like to remove the carpeting... will try a hair dryer in a few days... The glue in the Bath area is taking the wood look paper up... How can I remove the glue or fix this.?

Thank You

Kellee

I think I would like the floors but they are really messed up... the floora are like paper covered and the previous builder glued tile and foam backed carpet to them, so I cant get the glue off without tearing the paper stuff off so the floor has white spots where the glue was.

Kellee

I'm confused. Is the floor hardwood, or is it paper made to look like hardwood? If it's hardwood, why not sand off all the glue & paper & start over?

Holly, I was confused too after I read what I had wrote.!!

it is mdf, grooved (to look like planks), and has a paper on it to look like hardwood.!!! Hmm, I may need to get a pic of this for you all so you can understand.!! I was quite surprised when I realized it was MDF with a paper to look like hardwood.. Not sure I like the grooves now that I have played around with it...

kellee

Ok, Mold on the bottom.!! Sprayed with Mold Control... and sat in the sun!! will spray again in the morning and let it sit outside in the sun... Hope that will help if not I am not sure what to do........ I can hide the MDF that has sweeled from the moisture byt putting egg carton bricks on top....but I want the MOLD gone first.!! Should be interesting stay tuned.!!

Kellee