Shingle Dye

Roxxie

sherry, is that step flashing i see around that chimney??? i'm impressed.......great job!!!!!!!!

That is sweeeeet isn't it! See it's things like that that I never think to do. Seen it a million times on countless home improvment shows but you can bet your sweet Aunt Fanny my next house will have it! :cry:

I'm slowly fighting my way OUT of that box I'm in. Where would I find pieces of copper like that? Do the hobby places sell it? And while I'm at it, does anyone have a good way to make paint look like it's flaking and peeling? I thought about using some kind of crackle medium but doesnt' that usually leave a kind of "glossy" look to the finish? Any ideas out there?

You can buy copper foil at the craft stores and cut your flashing. I read this online, but haven't tried it, so try it on a sample of scrapwood first: after you've painted your base coat of basic grunge, hit it in places with a bit of rubber cement (where you want it to crack & peel) and when that's dry paint over it and when the top coat's dry, hit it with a terry rag or an eraser to peel the paint off of the rubber cement.