And today is the best day of my life...

lilpyrogirl

So, I'm a huge hockey fan and my team, the hurricanes, is in the finals (and they were up in the series and let it get all tied up so i'm a little irked with them) but then today, I got the greatest news ever:

I'M GOING TO GAME 7 FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend, Kat works for the Penguins and she made a bet with the promotions manager for the hurricanes that there would be a game 7...and since there is, the girl had to give kat 2 tix. to the game. So, i'm leaving atlanta in the morning to drive 6 hours to raleigh to go see the game (which for those of you that aren't into hockey...imagine this is the final game of the world series) and Kat is driving down from Pittsburg! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

This is extra special for me because back when I found out I had cancer, I made a list of 101 things I'd do before I die (and I'm cancer free now and working on that list) and one of them was to be at a game where they give away the stanely cup. And so,tomorrow one team will be walking out of RBC center with the cup and I'm going to be there!!!!!

I've been jumping up and down on my bed squeeling for like an hour...I'm just so darn excited I can't stand it!

Congratulations, I'm a Penguins fan and seeing the games in person is way better then watching on TV. You are very lucky to be going to game 7. What a great friend you have. :rolleyes:

Have a great time and enjoy the game.

Annette :)

What a great opportunity! Enjoy yourself immensely . . . but I hate to tell you this . . . the EDMONTON OILERS are going to win the Stanley Cup!! GO OILERS GO!!! :)