elizabeth anne

ilovecats

I am really getting excited about this house! I found pictures of one in one of my back issues of nutshell news....it's just an advert really but looks so pretty. I have been mentally choosing the paint colors....and window shopping for windows (hehe) and doors and such.

I can't wait until it arrives!

Which issue of Nutshell News? I'd like to see it too!! Hopefully it's in one of the issues that I've got.

-Susanne

It is in several different issues that i have, but the biggest advert that i have found so far is on page 61 of November 1994. I know somewhere on this site is a link for some much better pic's of the house that a person has built. I'll look for the link. :)

Here's the link, i forgot that i had saved it in my favorites:

http://dollhousesbyliz.com/Half%20Scale%20...%20Link%202.htm

• 3 weeks later...

The kit arrived today. Beautiful wood! I'm amazed at how small 1/24th scale is! I know it's like half the size, but when you actually see it....it should be interesting to put it together. I'll probably decorate as i go, looks like it will have some tight spaces for decorating. The kit comes with a list of components they used to decorate the example with. Now if Oakridge still has the items.....I won't have to do any guesswork for parts.

The seller sent a gift of wallpaper for two rooms, a very nice and sweet thing to do. The pattern is soooo tiny on both sets. Very pretty! I need to find a good source of 1/24th scale wallpaper. I will most likely just stain the wood for flooring rather than buying flooring. I don't even know what is available, i haven't even looked yet.

The kit arrived today. Beautiful wood! I'm amazed at how small 1/24th scale is! I know it's like half the size, but when you actually see it....it should be interesting to put it together. I'll probably decorate as i go, looks like it will have some tight spaces for decorating. The kit comes with a list of components they used to decorate the example with. Now if Oakridge still has the items.....I won't have to do any guesswork for parts.

The seller sent a gift of wallpaper for two rooms, a very nice and sweet thing to do. The pattern is soooo tiny on both sets. Very pretty! I need to find a good source of 1/24th scale wallpaper. I will most likely just stain the wood for flooring rather than buying flooring. I don't even know what is available, i haven't even looked yet.

Y'know that's a beautiful little house and one that I'd love to have -- looking foward to seeing what you do with it. When do you plan to start construction?

Brodnax Prints is probably the best source of 1:24 wallcoverings. A bit pricey, but huge selection; check out their site and at least you'll see what's available. They also have a nice selection of wood flooring in 1:24, but staining the floors would probably look great anyway.

http://www.brodnaxprints.com/

Not really, 1:24 scale means, for example, that a 1/2-scale Thornhill is actually 1/8 the total size of a 1:12 Thornhill, because it's half as tall by half as wide by half as deep; 1/2 X 1/2 X 1/2 = 1/8.

Not really, 1:24 scale means, for example, that a 1/2-scale Thornhill is actually 1/8 the total size of a 1:12 Thornhill, because it's half as tall by half as wide by half as deep; 1/2 X 1/2 X 1/2 = 1/8.

Ah! I thought 1/2 scale meant half of 1/12th scale. :( :lol: