1/2" scale July swap

CatColorado

Kind of my version of "Just do it" :lol: I'm feeling brain-dead and I can't seem to come up with any ideas for this swap. Holiday doesn't appeal, travel might be interesting, apparel would be useful. Any ideas? Anything you all are dying to make? Tell me and we'll build a theme around it. B)

Theme: Just make something, it's an un-theme theme :o

Participants:

Kat (CatColorado, aka Ruby)

Terri (smallhouset)

Melanie (shakyshaky)

Sally (dollhousegirl)

Number of items to ship: 3

Last day to drop out: July 10th

Last day to ship: July 20th

The hub for this swap is Melanie, so make sure to PM her to get her mailing address.

Ok, ok, I'll take some pictures of my Fairfield. There isn't much done because I'm having trouble with the main walls being warped. I'can't get the 3rd floor on. But I have some of the rooms painted/papered and moulding in. As soon as I get the attic floor on I'll take some pictures.

terri

Melanie,I need almost everything too. I only have bathroom fixtures, kitchen cabinets and livingroom furniture,so what ever ideas you come up with will fit in my Fairfield. I need all the extras, that make a house look like a real home.My stash of 1/2 scale items is limited to our past swaps.

I'm going to try and wrestle that attic floor on tonight so I can take some pictures.

terri

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to finishe the Primrose/farmhouse this weekend, no matter what! At least finish the inside, I have enough bits to begin furnishing it. I just need to add door and window trim, wall to wall carpeting on the second floor, and glue the staircase in. The walls are all white for now until I decide what colors I want. The first floor is all blue and white, but I don't know if I want to continue with that on the second floor.

just a suggestion (if its not too late) what about making the swap a 'tell your theme swap'

so if you wanted cafe items or bedroom items or even harry potter/wizard items. you would say what theme you wanted, so you could be making for example 1 bedspread, 1 plate of cakes, 1 bathmat, 1 sorting hat and so on.

hope you get my meaning.

I would like to sign up where do i go to do this

Okay now that I am awake, let's see here.

It looks like you are suggesting that we make different things for different people according to their preferred theme. I like the idea except I don't know if people would be crunched for time to come up with both themes and ideas for several themes, especially since July is only a few days away.

However, if everyone is interested, we could make that our September swap and announce our personal themes in mid-August. This would give everyone time to come up with a personal theme, come up with ideas to make for everyone else's theme, and actually make something/s.

Okay now that I am awake, let's see here.

It looks like you are suggesting that we make different things for different people according to their preferred theme. I like the idea except I don't know if people would be crunched for time to come up with both themes and ideas for several themes, especially since July is only a few days away.

However, if everyone is interested, we could make that our September swap and announce our personal themes in mid-August. This would give everyone time to come up with a personal theme, come up with ideas to make for everyone else's theme, and actually make something/s.

thats what i mean. I will certainly sign up for that one. although I have not got any idea what theme I would like (I have time, no doubt I will come up with loads and will have to choose just one) !! ;)

keep my name on for this one. I have not done any 1/2 scale swaps before. I am itching to start my Fairfield, so this will keep me happy with 1.2 scale things at least. I will try and get them out to you in the states in plenty of time.

I've gotten a bit of feedback on the "personal theme" idea and the reviews are mixed. I'm thinking that it would work with swap partners though. I'm seeing what I can come up with in regards to that.

I am putting the list of participants, plus deadline details in my first post at the top of this thread (like I usually do). Melanie has agreed to be the hub again (thank you Melanie!)

as there is no theme here, if you want to pm me with things that you think you would like to go in your house, i would gladly have a go at making each of you whatever you would like.

I would be happy with anything house related

Why not make the swap an unthemed swap? Everyone can make what ever they want as long as they make the same thing for the other particapants? I already have an idea. :) which is unusual for for me so soon.

oopps just read this (duh teach me to scroll right to the bottom) thinking i am being clever LOL

I will make all the same thing for you girlys

• 2 weeks later...

I mailed out my swaps to Melanie today, hopefully she'll receive it by Monday. What is everyone's status? I know Terri will be a day late, but since she is closer to Melanie it won't matter much. Her box will probably still get there before mine :D

i am sorry to hold you all up I had thought i had another week, i am still working on mine although i am very nearly finished

please accept my apoligies for being late, I am soooooo sorry, hate to be the hold up esp. when i am across the pond too.

please please do forgive me

well i have finshed mine, want to take a piccy before i send them off to you, so will probalby be tommorow or monday, so not too much of a hold up for you .

they are soooo cute and look so good all 4 of them together i want to keep them all not just one !!!! must be good and let them go to good homes !!