I need a manly man`s help.

heidiiiii

I am stumped.

The way our dryer is set up you have to string the hose from back of dryer, over ceiling to other side of room to outside.

Now we never had a problem until 2 years ago when the plastic piping got old and yucky.

We replaced it with the newer metal dryer hose. (there is a shorter metal one hooked directly from dryer that we attach hose too).

Condensation started. We used silver dryer tape to seal seams. Didnt work. We always clean out back of dryer and inside dryer of lint.

Then found plastic hose. Still condensation.

No holes in hose. Cant figure out if it is the vent or something else.

Did anyone have this problem and fixed it?

Jimmy said: Dryer vent is stopped up through the ceiling. Need to get real strong shop vac, push the hose up as far as you can and vacuum out where it's stopped up. If you know a carpet cleaner with a truck mount, that's how they clean their's out at work. You have to push the hose in as far as you can go to suck it out. Even though you feel air blowing out the other end, it is still stopped up because it's wet and sticks to the side of the pipe, which is what makes it condensate.

Yeah Linda, I already thought of that. I clean it out (can you see the I and not we) every couple of months. I cleaned out inside the lint trap and behind inside the dryer (have a wand thingy). I cleaned out (to the best of my ability) the metal hose attached to the dryer, and I have cleaned out the plastic one and the vent that goes outside.

We DO have a friend (good to have friends) that has a cleaning business with the machine in the truck! If that doesnt work, I am thinking it is a seal problem and may have to replace the vent that is in the window to outside.

Thanks! :angry:

Just one of those things that drives you nuts. When you cant figure it out, you have to go find reinforcements!

When I used to work at one of the state hospitals (pre-nursing school) one of the units I worked on had an enclosed laundryroom (afterthought, so not designed to be used as one) and nowhere else to vent the dryer, so we had a huge plastic bucket with a lid the hose fit into. It was supposed to be emptied of lint after every load, it was also supposed to have at least an inch of water in the bottom to prevent fire. One of the joys of working nightshift was dryer detail, but we never had a problem with condensation or (thank goodness!) hose blockage.